PDA

View Full Version : Football on the 23rd

Lily Grace
18-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Just had a note from the school they will allow children to leave school at 2.30 to watch the football but will remain open for normal finishing time at 3.25. One of my mindees was really excited about finishing school early. I dont want the children for an extra hour!! What would I do about charging the mums, dont think they will want to pay for an extra hour.

TheBTeam
18-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Tell them they have to stay there and you will see them at normal time.

Our school have surprised us all, they have no spirit to do anything, but today we have had a letter saying any child that wants to can watch the football from 3pm next week and parents can go in to watch it with them if they want, if not pick them up at 5pm and they can bring 50p for refreshments. Both my kids want to stay and watch it so no school run for me till later.

Hebs
18-06-2010, 08:51 PM

Our school have surprised us all, they have no spirit to do anything, but today we have had a letter saying any child that wants to can watch the football from 3pm next week and parents can go in to watch it with them if they want, if not pick them up at 5pm and they can bring 50p for refreshments. Both my kids want to stay and watch it so no school run for me till later.

our school are doing the same, they can also wear their football tops :clapping:

TammyN
18-06-2010, 09:12 PM

i love this idea :clapping: we are picking up early, it didn't say they could stay until normal time, worded very clever!!

angeldelight
18-06-2010, 09:56 PM
I dont think our school is doing anything :laughing:

Angel xx

singlewiththree
18-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Our school is letting the parents watch the first half of the match in the school hall then we all have to leave! :)

jellybean cc
18-06-2010, 10:20 PM
We had permission letters home today for next week. We can choose 1. collect as normal from their class. 2. collect at half time or 3. collect at end of match. My son wants to stay and watch it in the hall. Have warned him that not all his friends will stay as he is in reception but he is not bothered and says's he will sit with the big kids.

I think its great that the school is going to do this.

TheBTeam
19-06-2010, 07:04 AM
We had permission letters home today for next week. We can choose 1. collect as normal from their class. 2. collect at half time or 3. collect at end of match. My son wants to stay and watch it in the hall. Have warned him that not all his friends will stay as he is in reception but he is not bothered and says's he will sit with the big kids.

I think its great that the school is going to do this.

I think it is good that schools are actually realising that this is good for the kids, our school normally is a bit funny over anything patriotic, but they are actually stopping school early to allow it, and letting parents in too if they want.

Toothfairy
19-06-2010, 07:08 AM
we had a letter to say we can collect at 3.50 so the children can watch the first half at school. They are allowed to change into their football shirts at lunchtime if they wish to.

The Juggler
19-06-2010, 09:02 AM
i would tell parents that unless THEY want to collect the children early, they will stay at school until normal time. It's their job to inform their children of the decision:)

LOOPYLISA
19-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Just found out dd's school has a big screen in the hall at lunchtimes they can watch :rolleyes:

AliceK
19-06-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm not aware that our school are doing anything. Mind you they always leave it to the last minute to let us know anything so they might decide to tell us on Monday, or Tuesday :rolleyes:

xxxx

miffy
19-06-2010, 04:53 PM
I dont think our school is doing anything :laughing:

Angel xx

Neither is ours! :(

Miffy xx

Alibali
19-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Our school aren't doing anything either:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: