PDA

View Full Version : Help with contract please?

lady boss
29-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi,

I have parents round tommorrow to sign my first contract. I am going to be minding 8 yr old daughter on a wednesday before and after school. I was going to charge them a months fee deposit. They have asked also if i can mind school holidays. 4 hrs mondays,Tuesdays, & Wednesdays which i have said that i can.
My questions are:

Do i need to have a contract for the after school and a separate contract for school holidays?
Do i just charge a deposit for the month of after school on wednesdays?
(As she is starting in the 2 week half term hols i dont know how to work this out?)

Also would i need to charge a retainer as they have asked me to mind every school holiday?

I am very confused as this is still alll so new to me and any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You x

crazybones
29-03-2008, 09:06 AM
I use the same contract for children who are before and after school and school hols.

I would charge deposit for 1 month of Wednesdays.

I wouldnt charge a retainer as she is over 8 and does not affect your numbers.

Hope this helps. and good luck:thumbsup:

lady boss
29-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Oh thank you so Much for reply Annie. Great help!

Thanks again :) x

angeldelight
29-03-2008, 09:18 AM
I also use the same contract - just make sure you write it all down

I would also charge a month deposit - I never charge a retainer anyway

I would get parent to sign a form explaining that she is paying a months deposit and it will come off the first months childminding fees
If she changes her mind then the deposit is not refundable

This way she is less likely to let you down and at least you get to keep the doposit if she does

Also very unlikely then that she will complain about paying a month because it will come off her first months fee

Good luck with this keep us posted

Angel xx

lady boss
29-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks Angel,

I was going to charge a months deposit, but it will come off when they end minding with me for good. So when they give me written notice to end contract that month they would not have to pay. Is this ok? x

miffy
29-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Good advice already given

just wanted to wish you good luck

miffy xx

angeldelight
29-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Regarding the deposit yes thats a great idea just get it in writing

xxx

lady boss
29-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks everyone great advice as always x:)