PDA

View Full Version : Rising 5 all day.....

igglepiggle
18-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Hi Lovely forumees!
I have a rising 5 school pick up who has ALOT of behaviour issues in school and myself, school and his parents are working together to try and get over them. Basically, the 1 1/2 hours a day I have him are exhausting. My husband is registered as my assistant and the one time he's been off to lend a hand he's commented that 'x' really tries it on and pushes the boundaries.
Anyways..... I have him all day for first time on mon (have never had him all day as yet as only work term time). Just wondering of anyone has any tried and tested ideas for keeping challenging rising 5's occupied all day without risking other children getting upset or me getting a migraine? Our current theme (yes, theme-shock, horror!) is bugs and beasties.
Thanks!!!!!! Xx

Twinklestars
18-06-2010, 12:39 PM
my 5 year old ds loves digging for worms at the moment. Or he loves going on the computer, or his ds but he is mainly outside at the moment. He loves football too at the moment and loved painting his face the other day

miffy
18-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Go with whatever interests him - he might like a bug hunt. Make him a chart with different bugs to find, give him a magnifying glass and let him see what he can find.

If the worm idea appeals Aldi were selling wormeries the other week.

Good luck, hope it goes well for you

Miffy xx

The Juggler
18-06-2010, 01:08 PM
keep him happy outdoors as long as you can. The rest will be down to consistency and LOTS of repeating yourself and you remind him how his actions will hurt/upset/make them sad - try to focus him on the effect he will have on others.

Good luck though honx:)