PDA

View Full Version : Losing my only mind child

Shirlwith3
29-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Dad came to collect c yesterday and said that they have found a new minder for thier child for when i move in the next couple of months I will hopefully be moving 1-2 miles down the road & have said this to them, he also said that they will keep him with me till I move (thanks) now this is the dad that said to me last yr that they wil be moving around May June time, then this yr I spoke to mum about it & she said Oh we're not mving till Dec so I spoke again to dad and he said no we should be moving in the summer, now this family just don't cummicate to each other, Dad also sadi that he would let me know by May.
so now I will have time to find new children to mind and get the new place sorted where I was going to take 1-2 weeks leave which is why I have been saving my leave. thing is it is quite quiet around here. Might speak to my childcare Development worker see what she suggest to do.

Shirl

miffy
29-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Sorry to hear that Shirl

Think I would check out what dad said with mum as this family don't seem to talk to one another

Hope something else comes up for you soon

miffy xx

Shirlwith3
29-03-2008, 08:45 AM
I seem to get more info from Dad than mum, awhile ago dad said that c was going to nanny's for a week in April then mum said that c was going to be of from the 7th for the week so when dad came yesterday he mentioned it so I said mum had told me that c would be of from the 7th, then dad said that oh I'm on exercise that week mum will have him but he also said that was the same week his mum (nanny) was haivng him. AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I have had a year of lack of cummincation from this family they even spilt for a week becasue of it. I have had mum on the door moaning about dad not pulling his weight in the home both are in the army.
Their poo child has arrive in smelly clothes that are just too small for him or they are way too big, sometimes they are just not ironed either aaarrrrrrrrrr.

I am moaning now so will be of

shirl

Monkey1
29-03-2008, 08:52 AM
If only parents would get themselves sorted before they say anything to us childminders! Good luck hun, something else will come along x

angeldelight
29-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Sorry to hear that Shirl

Hope you do not wait long for new children

Hope the house moving goes ok

Angel xx

Pipsqueak
29-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Ask them for confirmation of dates etc in writing.

Sorry to hear you are losing your only one - something will come along I am sure. Make sure you details are updated at CIS.

Twinkles
29-03-2008, 09:17 AM
This may all work out for the best. You will have a lovely new house and hopefully you'll get lots of new mindees who's parents have more time to communicate.

Mollymop
29-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Sorry you are losing C shirl. I hope you have lots of luck filling the space. X

sarah707
29-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Sorry to hear you're having a nightmare with them! Some parents are just like that though why we have to be the last to know their plans is beyond me.

Good luck with the advertising! :D

Shirlwith3
03-05-2008, 06:03 AM
Dad came to collect c yesterday and said that they have found a new minder for thier child for when i move in the next couple of months I will hopefully be moving 1-2 miles down the road & have said this to them, he also said that they will keep him with me till I move (thanks) now this is the dad that said to me last yr that they wil be moving around May June time, then this yr I spoke to mum about it & she said Oh we're not mving till Dec so I spoke again to dad and he said no we should be moving in the summer, now this family just don't cummicate to each other, Dad also sadi that he would let me know by May.
so now I will have time to find new children to mind and get the new place sorted where I was going to take 1-2 weeks leave which is why I have been saving my leave. thing is it is quite quiet around here. Might speak to my childcare Development worker see what she suggest to do.

Shirl

What the hell :mad: :mad: is going on with this family, got a text of Dad (Army) today to say that "he is on permante leave from 17 July til Oct so we can discuss contracts soon" he is getting out of the army. Now I was under the impression that when I was moving that he would be going to the new childminder permantly, thing is I could be moving out by the end of June but as I am having real problems finding a place that will allowed pets & minding I might have to move out of the area, which I don't want to do as the kids have friends here & me too :panic: :panic: :crying:

Shirl

Spangles
03-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Oh Shirl, sounds like there's lots of confusion in that family and now it's affecting you!

I hope that they sort themselves out soon - doesn't sound like they have a clue what's going on.

I hope you find a new home soon where you want to be and that the move goes well.

x

littlepixies
03-05-2008, 09:43 AM
grrr... it is upsetting when your told that the child will be finishing with you under any circumstances. I just lost my only minded child this week which was upsetting and annoying as agin like you said it is reallly quiet at the moment. All ya can do is advertise get the word around with friends ect something will come up eventually!

disney
03-05-2008, 12:51 PM
firstly im sorry for you . parents sometimes they can make you feel :angry: but im a great believer in things happening for a reason and im sure you will fill the space soon .secoundly when i get parents saying different things about dates for holidays , days off , appointments , moving dates ect i get them to put it in writing then theirs no mix ups . good luck with the move x

Wendy Woo
03-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Parents are a knightmare shame we cant do this job without them!!!!!!
Good luck with ur move and i hope u find children soon.
I did a leaflet drop wen i 1st started which generated a some enquiries if u have no luck imediately try that?

Heaven Scent
03-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Sorry you are having this trouble I dont think I would have said anything to parents until I had found something new to live - its none of their business and so long as you give them the notice as is stated on your contract its up to them to then get sorted.

My two main sets of parents play their cards very close to their chests with regard to their plans for September and I know they will mess me about as much as they can because they can and they feel it is their right because they pay me - they don't seem to think I do anything in return for that payment.

I hope it all works out for you.

Take care

Natasha
06-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Hello

I am sorry to hear about what you are going thru with the parents and it does scare a first time childminder like myself.

I think my worry about what you mentioned so far is that the C has been handed to you in smelly, or in too small or too big clothing. This seems like the parents are neglecting him or her a bit here.

Maybe the parents should worry less about themselves and more about taking care of their little one.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh. But I am truly worried about the little one as well as you.

I must say that you have done a great job so far by tolerating the parents for so long. I commend you for that.

Good luck for the future.

Pudding Girl
06-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I think my worry about what you mentioned so far is that the C has been handed to you in smelly, or in too small or too big clothing. This seems like the parents are neglecting him or her a bit here.

Maybe the parents should worry less about themselves and more about taking care of their little one.

Sorry if I sound a bit harsh. But I am truly worried about the little one as well as you.

Sorry but you cannot make a snap judgement on just that though, the child might have pooed on way in car ( I know my mindees do, and also sometimes have done on the other way round!) also children grow so quickly, some stuff might well be a tad small, or maybe the washing machine broke, you cannot make assumptions.

Shirl, sorry to hear you are being messed about, are you going to call a meeting and get it all sorted out once and for all between you and parents?