PDA

View Full Version : right who's going to this

ajs
29-03-2008, 08:13 AM
and are we meeting up

http://www.teachingexhibitions.co.uk/Exhibitions/Early_Years_and_Primary_Teaching_Exhibition/Manchester/2006/

i will be going on the saturday

i will be coming on the train probably with my daughter (14)

miffy
29-03-2008, 08:16 AM
That link isn't working for me

so what is it when is it and can I come too??????

miffy xxx

ajs
29-03-2008, 08:23 AM
it worked for me when i checked it oh well

early years exhibition 18 and 19th april i am going the 19th
in manchester though

it's sarah edwards who wants to come on the train with me

and of course you can come if you want

crazybones
29-03-2008, 08:26 AM
I am hoping to go. If I can find the email with my number on it. :rolleyes: Have to sort transport though.

miffy
29-03-2008, 08:29 AM
Got it working now - my error :rolleyes:

Will check the date trains etc - not sure I fancy travelling on my own

miffy xx

Pipsqueak
29-03-2008, 09:14 AM
I did fancy it but i am skint at the moment so anything more than walking somewhere to window shop is a no-no!

Have a good day all those who are going

xxx

angeldelight
29-03-2008, 09:20 AM
Oh it sounds interesting

Not coming on my own though im a baby haha

xx

Minnie Minx
29-03-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm going, Angel i can meet you and we'll travel up together. Will you be okay traveling to stoke by yourself by train? as manchester is via stoke

xxx

angeldelight
29-03-2008, 09:38 AM
I can not get the link to work

So unsure of the dates if its some of the dates in April I cant go but yes that sounds a good idea Theresa I will look into it and prices

xxx

miffy
29-03-2008, 09:41 AM
It's 18 and 19th April

Mandy is going on saturday 19th is that any help Angel

miffy xx

angeldelight
29-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Oh thanks Miffy I cant go then how annoying

Thats the day I have my nephews 18th party - do you remember me saying thats why I needed to lose some weight Theresa ?

Oh I would have loved to have come along typical

xx

ajs
29-03-2008, 09:54 AM
i know sarah is going as it's her birthday weekend so she's booked a hotel
but i can't afford that so will just take the train early saturday morn
are you coming miffy

miffy
29-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Oh that's such a shame Angel

never mind you will be having lots of fun anyway

miffy xx

Minnie Minx
29-03-2008, 09:58 AM
oh angel that's a bummer :( it's a shame you've got kids at the moment as we could have gone on the friday instead

xxx

Amaranth
29-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Me and hubby are going on the saturday too. Tickets just arrived this morning. Don't forget to build up those muscles for the freebies!!!:D
Would be really good to meet up with other members.

manjay
29-03-2008, 01:59 PM
and are we meeting up

http://www.teachingexhibitions.co.uk/Exhibitions/Early_Years_and_Primary_Teaching_Exhibition/Manchester/2006/

i will be going on the saturday

i will be coming on the train probably with my daughter (14)

How do you fill in the application form for your daughter to come with you?

amanda xx

sarah707
29-03-2008, 02:41 PM
i'll be there!

Should we meet up for a coffee at some point in the day? :D

buildingblocks
30-03-2008, 05:38 AM
I am going and Gary is chaffeuring and Susan is supposed to be coming with us need to check with her

Nix
30-03-2008, 07:47 AM
It's a long way for me but I've registered and have every intention of coming along, probably with bf.

Would love to meet up.

Has anyone been before? Just wondered what it was like...

Nix,x

manjay
30-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Just realised my Food hygiene course is in 19th April :(

amanda xx

LittleMissSparkles
30-03-2008, 07:49 AM
I am going and Gary is chaffeuring and Susan is supposed to be coming with us need to check with her

I'm coming Kate :D

ajs
30-03-2008, 09:29 AM
HI SARAH
I HAVEN'T booked her in yet i am registered as is hubby but i am going to phone them in the morning to book her on.

we MUST meet for a coffee definately

ajs
30-03-2008, 09:30 AM
oops sorry about caps it was left on from my last post

sarah707
30-03-2008, 09:53 AM
oops sorry about caps it was left on from my last post

:laughing: Who were you shouting at? :laughing:

buildingblocks
30-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm coming Kate :D

Cool I have just upset one of my parents. I occasionally work Saturdays for her and two either side of this I can't do she booked this one and I have had to tell hger I can't work as am responsible for taking people to Manchester and can't get out of it.

Trouble
30-03-2008, 05:51 PM
me and my hubby are going on the saturday

isnt their 2 bits to it sen on one bit and early years on other or are they all tied together as i have 2 lots of passes

sarah707
30-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I think they're all in one big hall... well that's what I've been told so I only ordered one pass :D

fionamal
30-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Me and hubby are going on the Saturday. Tickets not arrived yet.

Does anyone know if kids can go as we will need to take our own 2 with us.

ajs
30-03-2008, 08:31 PM
sorry sarah i wasn't shouting just hit caps lock

and you didn't ask the question either so i was completely wrong with that whole post oops sorry

i am happy to pm the people who have said they are coming my mobile number so we can arrange to meet up

miffy is there anywhere we can meet so we can travel together
like doncaster or somewhere.

ajs
02-04-2008, 07:26 AM

amanda xx

morning amanda
i have just done it and at the end of the form it asked for the last 2 years of your date of birth it goes all the way down to 99 so i just filled in the other bits as truthfully as possible and then put her real year in

and i have just received the email with her registration confirmed so i should think it's ok

miffy
05-04-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm going too - Mandy (ajs) says I can stay with her on Friday and then we're coming up on the train on Saturday

My tickets came this morning and I'm sooooooooo excited - hope there's loads of freebies

Also hope we can meet up there

miffy xx

Trouble
05-04-2008, 12:11 PM

amanda xx

when you enter your details it should of come up with add a friend or collegue

just do the entry again but in your daughters name but hurry

Trouble
05-04-2008, 12:14 PM
hubby and i are coming i didnt realise you can take kids they are going to my mothers (not happy)

my car has my name on so you will know im there
i will spend the day looking at peoples badges

we should wear a marie cure daffodil or something

fionamal
05-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Got the tickets this morning. Kids are excited as they love going to things like this. I think we are going to make a weekend of it and take the caravan down to Manchester on the Friday and stay until the Sunday.

Trouble
05-04-2008, 12:52 PM
nice one can we fit in:eek: :clapping: :clapping:

fionamal
05-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Of course, just bring a sleeping bag. The more the merrier. Caravan sleeps 6 and the awning probably another 6

Amaranth
05-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Finally managed to get on forum for a bit while computer is not playing up!!!
Our daughter is coming with us, she is 6. They don't encourage people to take kids as they are not covered on their insurance so if you take kids you do so at your own risk (their words). We're taking our little one as she felt left out when we went without her last year. Got to say, I only saw a few kids last year though.
I don't know at what age they say kids need a ticket, but when I asked about our daughter they said she didn't need one.

ajs
10-04-2008, 11:23 AM
if anyone who is coming wants to meet up wear a daffodil next to your badge and or pm me your mob number and i'll text you when i get there.

our train gets in at 9.35 so we should be in the arena for 10.

i am so excited now.
just got to find some bloomin daffodils now
can we try to keep this near the top for this week please so everyone coming sees it

bumping it back up

crazybones
10-04-2008, 11:57 AM
I am more of a roses kind of girl - choc ones obviously. ;) I am getting excited now. Can you get a blow up daffodil and hold it above your head. :D

Minnie Minx
10-04-2008, 11:58 AM
I may not be going now as i didn't think about the amount of people that will be there. I don't want to suffer panic attacks throughout the day

xx

ajs
10-04-2008, 11:59 AM
i have got a blow up tulip we can use is that anygood
i bought it in amsterdam then did a project on holland with the mindees years ago

shall i take it anyway

crazybones
10-04-2008, 12:01 PM
i have got a blow up tulip we can use is that anygood
i bought it in amsterdam then did a project on holland with the mindees years ago

shall i take it anyway

:ROFL1: I was going to say something rude then. Yes you must take it now.:laughing:

ajs
10-04-2008, 12:04 PM
i'm too innocent i cannot possibly imagine what you meant

there is a link to the forum car sticker somewhere lets all have on stuck to our bags or something so we can see if we recognise each other without actually saying anything.

i will spend so much time looking at people i will forget to get the freebies

Minnie Minx
10-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Has anyone been to this before? i want to know if the freebies are worth putting myself through a bit of hell :D :D :D

xx

ajs
10-04-2008, 12:11 PM
probably not but lunch with miffy and i certainly is and my middle child of course

Minnie Minx
10-04-2008, 12:13 PM
hahahaha that's true but i am really worried that there will be too many people there and i'll be ill and won't be able to enjoy the day

xx

ajs
10-04-2008, 12:23 PM
hahahaha that's true but i am really worried that there will be too many people there and i'll be ill and won't be able to enjoy the day

xx

it will be busy there's no doubt about it so don't come if you really don't think you can cope
don't forget i am equally as chlaustrophobic but will head away from the crowds and go the wrong way round if necessary.

i do psyche myself up so i can cope and as long as i don't think about it too much i am ok

Minnie Minx
10-04-2008, 12:32 PM
i could probably cope with the claustrophobia but it's my agoraphobia that's worse. I can't even walk around a busy market without suffering from a panic attack. Think i'm going to have to miss it cause if i'm worrying now it will only be worse on the day :(

xx

sarah707
10-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Sorry we won't be seeing you there T!

It will be very busy... and noisy too if I remember previous exhibitions I've been to over the years. :(

Minnie Minx
10-04-2008, 01:25 PM
June's recommended Bach flower rescue so i may be coming after all lol.

The thought of freebies and meeting up with everyone is worth me trying it :clapping: :clapping:

xx

ajs
10-04-2008, 02:53 PM
is that the same as a large gin that always settles my nerves

miffy
10-04-2008, 05:17 PM
I hope you'll be OK to come Theresa - we can meet you when we get there if that would make you feel better although if mandy has been on the gin and has an inflatable tulip dangling above her head I might change my mind too!

miffy xx

Minnie Minx
10-04-2008, 05:22 PM
yep i'm going to brave it, i'll buy some bach remedy and fingers crossed i'll be okay. I'd love it if you could meet me, hopefully our trains will arrive at the same time :)

xxx

ajs
10-04-2008, 06:09 PM
thank you miffy i will not have been on the gin other than the night before we are meeting my vicar friend for the meal so you'd better be on your best behaviour.

miffy
10-04-2008, 06:29 PM
thank you miffy i will not have been on the gin other than the night before we are meeting my vicar friend for the meal so you'd better be on your best behaviour.

you're kidding me??? :eek:

miffy xx

ajs
10-04-2008, 07:53 PM
no i am not but she is absolutley great a geordie curate on her first proper vicaring job a complete p*** head who loves to karaoke and party, her hubby works at rampton but he's on nights so won't be joining us.

she is only joining us for a drink after dinner as she's doing youth club first

now how come the forum police didn't stop me typing p*** in full but you can't put bl*ody

LittleMissSparkles
11-04-2008, 08:29 AM
oh gonna be busy few weekends then isnt it now xxx

Minnie Minx
11-04-2008, 08:47 AM
no i am not but she is absolutley great a geordie curate on her first proper vicaring job a complete p*** head who loves to karaoke and party, her hubby works at rampton but he's on nights so won't be joining us.

she is only joining us for a drink after dinner as she's doing youth club first

now how come the forum police didn't stop me typing p*** in full but you can't put bl*ody

or c*rseat or sp*rse :laughing: :laughing:

xxx

teacake2
13-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi, I have just realised I can't go on Saturday, could I be cheeky and ask if anyone can get me some of the freebies, I am very willing to pay for all the postage necessary to get them to me? I know it is a big question and I totally understand if none of you can feel that you can do it.:thank you: :thank you: :thank you:

Donkey
15-04-2008, 06:36 PM
this looks good, but it doesn't say anything about children being allowed/not allowed??!?!

sarah707
15-04-2008, 06:41 PM
this looks good, but it doesn't say anything about children being allowed/not allowed??!?!

i have no idea!

Is there a phone number on the information link? I wouldn't see it would be a problem tbh... it's about children after all! :D

Amaranth
15-04-2008, 10:38 PM
They don't advertise about letting children go as they are not covered on their insurance. They say that if you have to you can take children but they don't promote it and it is at your own risk. I rang to ask them because I'm taking my 6 year old daughter.