PDA

View Full Version : Feel Guilty

NaggyNat
18-06-2010, 07:46 AM
My son was sick last night and so I cancelled my morning mindee as his dad doesnt work so I knew it wouldnt be a problem.

The evening mindees I kept as hubby would be home to help out and my son could go to bed. Mindees mum text to say she thinks she has flu as she cant move. Asked if she is getting help and she isnt.

She lives 10minutes away and I feel guilty as I could go and pick up the two children and drop them home again. Tbh I feel like pants as no sleep all night because of son so didnt offer. Maybe I should????

suzyblue
18-06-2010, 07:51 AM
I would feel guilty too but you cant do everything. If she gets really bad she will probably ring and ask you so in the mean time dont worry!

kindredspirits
18-06-2010, 07:53 AM
no no no - i know you think you would be helping if you go and collect her kids but if she's got flu the last thing she needs is her kids to catch a sickness bug. :panic:

miffy
18-06-2010, 07:57 AM
You can't be all things to all people all of the time.

Concentrate on yourself and your family - you don't need flu on top of everything else and your mindees don't need a sickness bug!

Take yourself back to bed and relax.

Hope you're all feeling better soon

Miffy xx

NaggyNat
18-06-2010, 07:57 AM
I was going to take the kids to the park without my own but it turns out since I put thread on that my son now has diorreah...again!!!!

He was never sick but all the kids who come to me are always so sick and they are still sent....chesty coughs and the like,drives me insane!

Thanks everyone...Im such a softy and need to toughen up!!!

Have a lovely day xx

NaggyNat
18-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Because she was the one who cancelled, she is paying me and I s'pose I feel guilty about that too,as I wouldnt be working anyway (who would be honest?)

kindredspirits
18-06-2010, 08:15 AM
i expect mum is still being paid/getting tax credits for a few days sick so don't feel guilty. focus on being just mum to your poorly son for a change.