PDA

View Full Version : This is bugging the hell out of meeeeee

emmadines
18-06-2010, 07:00 AM
mindee has developed a habbitual which is a cough/grunt and its driving me absalutly potty and i mean mad hatter potty, the doc has prescribed antibiotics just incase theres something irritating his throat...... aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :panic: :panic:

no need to reply need to scream as its bugging

maryp0ppins
18-06-2010, 07:09 AM
have nothing in response to your post that could help you, just Oh dear & hope the habit soon passes :(

sarah707
18-06-2010, 07:12 AM
It's like children who spend the whole day sniffing or putting their fingers up their noses :rolleyes:

A friend has one little man who has his fingers permanently in his mouth and these big long lines of drool coming down his shirt front :panic:

I hope it passes soon! :D

happytotschildminding
18-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Hi = sorry no advice, but my hubby has a cough/grunt always has done and we just live with it! on the positive, he's easier to find - we just listen for it!!!:laughing:
Carol

Tinglesnark
18-06-2010, 07:16 AM
oh nooooo - my ds used to tuck his dummy under his bottom lip and the drool would just leak out constantly - that used to be a bit of a wind up because all you could hear was him slurping yak!
i do hope it passes quickly for you x

PixiePetal
18-06-2010, 07:18 AM
I have had one that sniffed - no snot just a dry sniff all the time. SOOO iritating :rolleyes:

miffy
18-06-2010, 07:30 AM
A friend has one little man who has his fingers permanently in his mouth and these big long lines of drool coming down his shirt front :panic:

I hope it passes soon! :D

Eeeewwwwww - wish I hadn't started reading this thread while I'm eating my breakfast! :laughing:

Miffy xx

pinky33
18-06-2010, 10:52 AM
We have one that breathes really heavily through his nose it's all you can hear, wasn't untill he was off the other day we realised how noisy he is lol.

His mum cleans his nose out every night with a electric nasal thing and were sure she has damaged his poor baby nose.... In over 200 kids never heard anything like it.

Daisy1956
18-06-2010, 02:05 PM
One of my little ones sniffs all the time ,then i noticed Mum sniffs all the time it drives me nuts but not a lot I do.

Trouble
18-06-2010, 02:08 PM
one of my little ones cries to the point he makes a noise like hes going to be sick and it gets attention but now he makes the noise with out crying and it sounds the same but i just ignore it as i know its for attention as hes not being sick if that makes sense:laughing:

AnnieM
18-06-2010, 07:25 PM
I look after a 9 yo who does the cough/grunt thing. It drives me mad, if you get him engrossed in something he stops doing it, but otherwise it is pretty constant. Sorry to say he has been doing this for almost 2 years now. :panic: I just hope it is something he grows out of. :mad:

The Juggler
18-06-2010, 08:25 PM
my ds developed a weird habit with some sort of grunt/swallow noise when in hospital with asthma. think it was the way he got rid of taste of all the nebulisers he was on. For a while it was constant but it did wear off. He rarely does it now. I do think they get in a habit.