PDA

View Full Version : can they?

hollyoaksmad
17-06-2010, 07:48 PM
can u let the babys u mind sleep in pram? as i have a baby who will only sleep on me but falls asleep in pram mum lets baby sleep on her but means i cant move? i have travel cot but he wakes up in it x

~Chelle~
17-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Yes as long as they are secure.

All my mindees sleep in prams, Ofsted were fine with this x

TammyN
17-06-2010, 07:55 PM
i have one mindee who sleeps in a pram on request of mum? it is stated on settling in sheet too, so covers working with parents :thumbsup: the other's slepp in travel cot in spare room.

Fabby
17-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Yeah that is fine - i have permission forms to cover all sleeping arrangements so just create a permission form and get parent to sign

happydays1
18-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Hi, i was always under the impression that babies are not allowed to be placed to sleep in a pram but if they fall asleep in one while out then you can leave them there, i might be wrong:blush: but that was what i was told in my training.:)

singlewiththree
18-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I put mine down to sleep in a pram as they refuse the travel cot. I do have a travel cot for those who will.

Ripeberry
18-06-2010, 01:28 PM
For babies as long as they can lie flat, then a pram is OK. It's car seats and pushchairs that don't recline fully, that are not so good for sleeping in.

Chimps Childminding
18-06-2010, 02:16 PM
I have put some down in a pram/lie flat pushchair before now. Not all children like to go down in a travel cot and the number of times I have got them to sleep, quietly carried them and put them in the travel cot only for them to wake up instantly.

Now I check with parents and if I have trouble getting a lo to sleep in a travel cot, I will try them in a pram/pushchair instead, as you can usually get them to go back off by wiggling it for a few minutes, not that easy with a travel cot :rolleyes: