PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork for temporary and/or low hours

Becky_Pearce
17-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Hi everyone - my first post on here - I hope someone can help. I registered very recently, and have got a little boy who comes to me 8 hours a week, spread over three days - and this is a temp arrangement until end of summer term. I've been advised not to do any learning journey type paperwork for him by a local childminder, as he's not really with me for long enough. Just wanted to check this was correct as I'll prob have my first ofsted inspection at some point soon!! (eek)

Also I'll be looking after a friends 2 girls before and after school for a couple of weeks soon while she's on jury service. What paperwork is required for this kind of temp short term arrangement. Do you need to do the contract, etc..?

I'd really appreciate some advice as I'm just not sure where to look, or who to ask.

Thanks!

Becky

green puppy
17-06-2010, 08:25 PM
You need to do a contract for every child as your insurance would be invalid without one. You need to do eyfs stuff for every child in the early years group. Perhaps start a scrap book, jot down what he likes, what he can do, what his current interests are. I'm sure you will notice a few changes in him while he is with you, add a few photos, some art work or photos of crafts he may do, pop in a few links to the eyfs. You won't have loads to do if he is with you for only short time. Welcome to the forum.:)

sarah707
18-06-2010, 07:04 AM
It can be hard when you have children for just a few hours / days and then they disappear.

I would suggest you make up a routine sheet for the child, showing how routine activities link to the Eyfs.

Then you just need to comment when something different happens.

Add a few photos and like greenpuppy says, you have met the requirements, the child has some memories to take away and it's not been too heavy on paperwork for you.

Hth :D

Becky_Pearce
18-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Thanks so much! I'll do that then.