PDA

View Full Version : holiday pay

juejue
17-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Dose anyone else get unpaid holidays or do you get holiday pay ?

Dont the parents still get their tax credit every week.?

I just hate it when the parents take their holidays the same time as us, just so they dont have to pay us :mad:

2 weeks off and then 2 weeks with only half the mindee's would be just lovely :cool:

x x

carol cameron
17-06-2010, 07:10 PM
I take four weeks holiday a year and charge all my families half fee for those weeks. The rest of the time they pay full fee. As you say, the tax credits still get paid.:)

Adiamond
17-06-2010, 07:27 PM
I take four weeks holiday a year and charge all my families half fee for those weeks. The rest of the time they pay full fee. As you say, the tax credits still get paid.:)

Me too, I never used to charge for my hols but found that I never ended up taking any!! x

TheBTeam
17-06-2010, 07:44 PM
I dont charge for my holidays, i take more because i feel less guilty and the parent then has the money to pay another minder.

crazyhazy
17-06-2010, 08:27 PM
I don't charge for my holidays but have in my contracts that if our holidays coincide then it's half fee, for their holidays normally it's full fee.

merry
17-06-2010, 10:05 PM
I take 6 weeks unpaid, I give out a list of my holidays in January so parents can co-ordinate their holidays with mine if they want to. I can't blame them for wanting to save money if they can, I'd do the same. Whether they do or don't get their tax credits is nothing to do with me. If it really bothers you that much you could charge for your holidays, or increase your overall fees to cover the cost of holiday pay.

:)

Roseolivia
18-06-2010, 06:56 AM
I don't charge for my hols unless the mindees are term time and are charged half fee during holidays. My parents are really good though and take different holidays.

kindredspirits
18-06-2010, 07:15 AM
have you considered that a parent probably feels the same way if you book in holiday after they have told you time off - its 6 of 1....

Chimps Childminding
18-06-2010, 07:49 AM
I don't charge as I know at least one of my parents uses another minder when I am on holiday. I give them a list of any planned time off at the beginning of the year (or as much notice as I can), and if they choose to be off at the same time as me they don't pay anything. If they are off at a different time they pay half!

I see it that if my "shop" isn't open, then I can't really expect to be paid :rolleyes:

suzyblue
18-06-2010, 07:53 AM
I charge full fee for 4 weeks holiday. I take the same weeks every year which are in the school holidays so it doesnt effect my schoolers and the others go on holiday at the same time as I do.

singingcactus
18-06-2010, 08:03 AM
I don't charge for my holidays, I take four weeks a year. I take the same four weeks every year and let parents know the exact dates as soon as I have access to the coming years school holiday dates, close to a year in advance. I do it this way so that parents can book their holidays at the same time as mine if they choose to, so they don't have to struggle to find alternative care.

juejue
18-06-2010, 07:47 PM
I take 6 weeks unpaid, I give out a list of my holidays in January so parents can co-ordinate their holidays with mine if they want to. I can't blame them for wanting to save money if they can, I'd do the same. Whether they do or don't get their tax credits is nothing to do with me. If it really bothers you that much you could charge for your holidays, or increase your overall fees to cover the cost of holiday pay.

It doesn't bother me at all. I usually take the same weeks off each year , so they all know my holidays. but this year hubby couldn't get them weeks, what bothers me is when they tell you their holidays and then change them.

I have parents who pay me when I am off and they are not on tax credit, because I do favours for them. ( you help me i help you )

But some..... dont like paying if mindee is off sick. ( not my fault, I am still working) you ask for wipes, suncream etc and never get it. So I end up paying out for them.

x

merry
18-06-2010, 08:06 PM
It is a bit cheeky changing their holidays like that, but as long as they give the right amount of notice they're not doing anything wrong, though very annoying. As for parents who pay you for holidays voluntarily :clapping: I could do with some of those! If parents don't supply things I've asked for and I have to buy them, the parents get the receipt along with an invoice for the cost, they can moan all they like but they still have to pay. Some are just so busy/forgetful/scatterbrained that it's been easier to set my fees at a level that covers the cost of all these things anyway and I supply them, only thing I don't do is nappies, far too expensive.

The Juggler
18-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I take 3 weeks paid (max is 6 days for my parents as they are all part time). I give notice in jan/feb so most just take same hols as me.

My t-time only parents I usually dont take hols but reserve the right to take 3 days paid but usually they are for emergencies and usually don'[t take them.

I charge for BH's too because both my minders used to charge me.:)

little_gems
19-06-2010, 09:32 AM
i dont charge for my holidays and i work bank holidays and its just normal fee's (cant afford to have the time off)
I've just had to take friday off and then book at least a week as my daughter has had an operation and we'll get nothing!!!