PDA

View Full Version : Review of the EYFS

clorogue
17-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Does anyone know whether the EYFS is being reviewed under the new government. Apologies if there has been another thread about this.

Thanks

mum26
17-06-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure but admit I am desperate to know like many others I expect. I thought they wanted to slim down the EYFS but haven't heard anything concrete about what will happen.

sarah707
17-06-2010, 05:11 PM
There will be a review published later this year. It's been in the pipeline for a while.

What they are going to do is anybody's guess at the moment. :D

clorogue
18-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Thank you, just trying to catch up and see whether anything was changing or is going to change.

Thanks again

Daisy1956
18-06-2010, 02:08 PM
whatever happens it will probably mean more paperwork.

Chimps Childminding
18-06-2010, 02:30 PM
whatever happens it will probably mean more paperwork.

:crying: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOO I can't cope with the paperwork I have already got to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more please :panic: :eek: :panic: :D

Ripeberry
18-06-2010, 03:09 PM
I thought this new government hates paperwork. Maybe they will reduce it a bit for CMs. We can hope :rolleyes:

merry
18-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Maybe they will reduce it a bit for CMs. We can hope :rolleyes:

I'm really hoping they'll make following it voluntary, then I can chuck the whole lot in the bin :clapping: I've no objection to keeping development records and doing observations, but in a way that is more relevant to parents, some of whom have looked at these 'learning journeys' and are baffled by the development matters statements, some of which seem quite bizarre. I also detest doing written planning and would drop that as soon as possible. I can plan perfectly well without having to write it all out. I can see the point in it for nurseries or pre-schools where different staff will be working with children, but here there's only me, I know the children's interests, abilities etc without the need to refer to written records. Just think how much easier life would be for us without all that unneccessary paperwork :clapping:

:)

carolyn01
18-06-2010, 07:51 PM
I agree 100 pct! :clapping:

sonia ann
18-06-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm really hoping they'll make following it voluntary, then I can chuck the whole lot in the bin :clapping: I've no objection to keeping development records and doing observations, but in a way that is more relevant to parents, some of whom have looked at these 'learning journeys' and are baffled by the development matters statements, some of which seem quite bizarre. I also detest doing written planning and would drop that as soon as possible. I can plan perfectly well without having to write it all out. I can see the point in it for nurseries or pre-schools where different staff will be working with children, but here there's only me, I know the children's interests, abilities etc without the need to refer to written records. Just think how much easier life would be for us without all that unneccessary paperwork :clapping:

I have never got my head around written planning either and got quite stressed about the fact that I had nothing written down until I realised that as long as I had next steps on my observations that was "my planning"

I have a wealth of ideas in my head that I draw on as necessary without putting it on paper.

I was graded good at my inspection without any "plans".......maybe I won't get an outstanding but my lo's are bright, happy, safe and healthy and thats the most important thing.