PDA

View Full Version : How do I get her to share!?

welshgirl
17-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Hiya,
Can anyone offer any advice? Mindee who is nearly 2 over the last couple of weeks has started screaming at other children if they come near her when she is playing. She looks very cross while she shouts and screams at them. At times she has grabbed them, pinched them, pushed them, pulled hair. For example today, mindee playing in play house, mindee 2 comes to join her and she pushes her out the door and screams at her! I have told her not to push, we share at my house etc. We have been doing lots of sharing games and taking turns etc. If it gets really bad I put her to sit on the sofa for a few mins, so she misses out on playing. Can anyone offer advice on how you would deal with this, or any suggestions of activities we can do around sharing etc.

SammyM
17-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Its tough getting them thru this stage isn't it??

I find my younger ones work better doing 'swaps' for a few minutes at a time, then they swap back to their original toy, then I build the time up - anythings worth a try!!

venus89
17-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Also can you try turn taking games? like catch/football so seh gets used to the idea of getting something back that she's passed to you or the other little ones.....

huggableshelly
17-06-2010, 01:01 PM
I found the "if we can not share then it has to be put away" method worked with a few mindees but not all.

with the playhouse I think I would say, X time to come out now and let Z have a turn, ensure you follow it through even if it means X screams until its X turn again.

Good Luck!

AliceK
17-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Hiya,
Can anyone offer any advice? Mindee who is nearly 2 over the last couple of weeks has started screaming at other children if they come near her when she is playing. She looks very cross while she shouts and screams at them. At times she has grabbed them, pinched them, pushed them, pulled hair. For example today, mindee playing in play house, mindee 2 comes to join her and she pushes her out the door and screams at her! I have told her not to push, we share at my house etc. We have been doing lots of sharing games and taking turns etc. If it gets really bad I put her to sit on the sofa for a few mins, so she misses out on playing. Can anyone offer advice on how you would deal with this, or any suggestions of activities we can do around sharing etc.

You have my sympathies my DD is 2 and I have 2 mindees aged nearly 2 and just turned 2. They all have the same problem. Sometimes they can play together really nicely but it only takes one of them to start with the "mine, mine" and that's it, it all kicks off. It's like WW3 sometimes with them.

xxxxx

Alibali
17-06-2010, 05:50 PM
IT'S MINE!!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

She will outgrow it, just be consistent