PDA

View Full Version : Variation help please

Adiamond
17-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi, I want to increase my numbers to maximum I can have whilst working with my assistant, I have got the form and OMG why does it have to be soooo complicated?
I have just rang Ofsted and the guy who I think had just woken up and couldn't speak properly said (I think) to fill in what I can and put a note in saying if they don't understand what I want to ring me :eek:
But I still don't know what I need to fill in I want to put in as much detail as possible but I am at a loss as how to word it all e.g when it asks for a plan of my day and how the individual needs of the children will be met..... how do I word all that???
Is it really this difficult or am I being a bit thick today lol :laughing: x x x

green puppy
17-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Did ofsted not tell you the maximum when you registered an assistant?

Adiamond
17-06-2010, 12:09 PM
No they never, when I registered my assistant (my hubbie) they just said that I could leave the mindees with him for short periods of time if need be and that's what is says on my certificate!!!

green puppy
17-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Ah ok, only ask because my numbers didn't change when I registered an assistant. I can care for 6 in total but with my assistant all 6 could be under 5 if I wanted. Your numbers don't necessarily increase depending on space etc.... I would ring again and ask to speak to the inspector that did your pre reg visit and ask if your numbers will go up or just the age range ie, more in the early years group. It may be that they come out and visit you first. With a variation form you would explain that you have enough equipment for all of the children to sleep safely, eat safely, how you would keep them safe out and about etc....

little_gems
17-06-2010, 01:08 PM
i just filled in a really easy form on line and got my numbers incresaed from 4 under 8 to 11 under 8. only took a few weeks. i just sent in measurements of my lounge as well