PDA

View Full Version : Outings?

louise
28-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Hi, Now do you put your entrance fee through? I'm thinking of taking them to the sealife center during half term. I have a bogof ticket that will get me and my son in. I wont have to pay for mindee as he is under 3. Do you claim this? Were also off to the circus they have a free work shop and then have a show only £3. each. Im really looking forward to this. Are you able to claim on your own childrens entrance fees as to be honest i wouldn't go to soft play areas as much if i wasn't minding.

Thanks Lou

sarah707
28-03-2008, 10:39 PM
I have had a good look through this and all the attached links and it doesn't say anything to answer your question...

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/bimmanual/bim52751.htm

I'm not wanting to give the wrong answer... so I suggest you ring the tax office and ask on Monday. :D

angeldelight
28-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Just wanted to say I agree with Sarah good advice

Good luck

Let us know what they say

Angel xx

miffy
28-03-2008, 10:56 PM
The NCMA members handbook 07/08 page 100 says

"costs for trips and outings including the cost of entry to visitor attractions, can be claimed if they are provided as part of your service. You can claim entry costs for yourself and the children you look after."

HTH

miffy xx

charleyfarley
28-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Must admit I always put my entrance fee through even if mindee is free as if I didn't go then they couldn't go iykwim. Don't put my own childrens entrance through though

Carol xx

miffy
28-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Must admit I always put my entrance fee through even if mindee is free as if I didn't go then they couldn't go iykwim. Don't put my own childrens entrance through though

Carol xx

I do the same

miffy xx

ruby
29-03-2008, 05:55 AM
we always claim the cost of our entrance tickets as we would not be going if we were not childminding.

Cathy

emler
29-03-2008, 05:57 AM
Ditto!

Emler x

louise
29-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Thanks everyone. I've only taken them to places where i don't have to pay before. i moght just put a %through as both me and my son will get in for 12.95. I'm looking forward to the half term. Lots going on as its also my sons birthday so he is having a party and going to the farm.
Thanks Lou

Alibali
29-03-2008, 11:07 AM
I always put mine through, but not my own kids, however, could your son not be the free one so the full price will be for you and the mindee, therefore you can claim full entry fee?

Ali :)

buildingblocks
30-03-2008, 05:50 AM
I always thought that you could claim for yourself as the mindees would obviously not be going if you did not take them and claim for any cost eg meals for yourself.

I had been told you cannot claim for your own children and any of their expenses. I get annoyed as i am not able to claim for my hubby Gary's entrance fees or meals even though as I don't drive we woiuldn't be at a place if he didn't take us - one of the reasons for having him registered he can become a legitimate expense lol

deeb66
31-03-2008, 12:20 PM
I always claim for myself as well as the entrance fee's for the children.

No I don't claim for my own son.

If I am buying food/snack/drink then I also claim for mine as well as the childrens.

ma7ie
31-03-2008, 01:31 PM
I agree with Dee. We were told that we could claim back ours and mindees fees, food, drink etc but not our own children. :D

louise
31-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Thanks. I have never claimed my own food back on outings before.

Rubybubbles
31-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks. I have never claimed my own food back on outings before.

nor me:o and that would be a good expense:
:laughing: