PDA

View Full Version : No emergancy back up , ARGHHH !

Rach30
28-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I have just read another thread on here that made me realise that my friend who i did have as my emergancy back up has started work , which leaves me with NO ONE !!! ARghhh . So if i had to rush to hospital with my children (i have an emerg form that states i wont go in the ambulance with mindees) then i have no one to mind the mindees till parents come . Worst of all I have no idea who to ask ! All my friends work , my neighbours aren't suitable and i dont know any other childminders . The only person is my mum but she lives 25mins away . OMG what can i do ?? Advice please .:panic:

Pipsqueak
28-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Get to know the other minders in your area. Get down to childminder drop ins and network meetings etc.

Not sure what else to suggest, my emergency back ups are my hubby, my neighbour and I have a couple of other minders I can ask at a push.

tulip0803
28-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Get to know the other minders in your area. Get down to childminder drop ins and network meetings etc.

Not sure what else to suggest, my emergency back ups are my hubby, my neighbour and I have a couple of other minders I can ask at a push.

I agree with getting to know other minders. I have 2 local ones down on my procedures and they are adding me to their's when I am registered. They were more than happy as it gave them another person to add to their procedures. I hadn't thought about using my husband though :doh: He only works accross the road.

Alibali
29-03-2008, 11:21 AM

I agree with this, also it's great to get to know the other minders for your own sanity too.

Ali :)

chels55
29-03-2008, 03:45 PM
yes i was told to contact 2 other childminders in the area to ask if they would be my emergency backup

sarah707
29-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I imagine it can be very hard if you are new to an area or don't have friends / family locally... I'm lucky I've been here some time and have a friend who doesn't go out much.

Can you ring some local minders and ask them... they might be in the same position as you... :D

SonnysMummy
30-03-2008, 10:02 PM
How do i write about emergency cover in my policies before i'm registered? I won't be meeting any other childminder's in my area before i'm registered so how can i use them as emergency cover? If i ask someone in my family i'd need them to be CRB checked wouldn't i?

Kelly:)

deeb66
31-03-2008, 12:10 PM
How do i write about emergency cover in my policies before i'm registered? I won't be meeting any other childminder's in my area before i'm registered so how can i use them as emergency cover? If i ask someone in my family i'd need them to be CRB checked wouldn't i?

Kelly:)

You don't have to name them in your policy.

I have a seperate permission slip as well that gives the names and address of my emergency back up people......therefore this is something you can do a bit nearer the time.

No....your emergency back up does not have to CRB checked or registered. You just have to be sure that they are a responsible person.

Your emergency back up should only be used for a short period of time as the parents would be contacted and told to go and collect their children immediately.

I use a childminder and 2 friends as back up as you should not be putting the childminder you use over her numbers.