PDA

View Full Version : Peacock!

Mrs M
16-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Have had a lovely few days and today was just brilliant. We spent the afternoon at an Organic Farm not far from where I live. It's free, it has outside toys, chickens, rabbits, a lamb, calves and a very naughty peacock! Whilst we were all enjoying ourselves, the farms' peacock decided to attack my car! I saw some marks on it from a distance but then was distracted by the children. Then the owner walked over to me very slowly and I thought I'd done something wrong! He asked if the blue car belonged to me. I said yes. He told me that his peacock had attacked it and scratched it. On closer inspection it looked awful. I sat back and said, "oh dear"!!! It's such a mess but I'm so calm about it! My car is old so scratches aren't a problem but these ones are huge! They were so kind, offered to sort it out, told me to come back if my husband couldn't sort it and I just said, "no, don't worry about it!"
I just love being in this mood!!!

gigglinggoblin
16-06-2010, 06:00 PM
oh dear, i hope it is easily sorted!

there used to be peacocks at the uni near me but they had to go as they kept attacking cars, i wonder why?

TammyN
16-06-2010, 06:05 PM
oh no, hope oh doesn't mind too much.

i went to safari park the week i got my Zaferia, went through the monkey's and they pulled the wiper arm off the car, hubby went crazy!!!he doesn't even drive, the car is mine anyway.

i didn't realise that peacocks do that, will watch out next time i go safari park :D they often wander around the car park.

sarah707
16-06-2010, 07:08 PM
The see themselves in the paint work and think it's another peacock I think!! :rolleyes:

Hopefully some touch up paint will do the job :D

TheBTeam
16-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Glad your car is not too bad, or at least you are not too worried about it!

My dad had the rear side of his car ripped open like a tin opener the other day, they are 99% certain it was the dustcart going into the school down the lane where he works, but he cant involve the police cos they will insist on insurance and then he will have his beloved car written off, it has done £2500 worth of damage, he works in a garage so is trying to get it fixed cheaper!

Helen Dempster
16-06-2010, 08:22 PM
oops. I know it's not quite a peacock, but when my son was younger, we spent a lot of time at a local farm where they had this massive turkey, which always made a beeline for me!!! I don't know why it didn't like me, I was the only person it ever chased, hissing and flapping (the bird, not me!) Everyone thought it was very funny....

....you see, I can hear you all laughing now!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

miffy
16-06-2010, 08:34 PM
oops. I know it's not quite a peacock, but when my son was younger, we spent a lot of time at a local farm where they had this massive turkey, which always made a beeline for me!!! I don't know why it didn't like me, I was the only person it ever chased, hissing and flapping (the bird, not me!) Everyone thought it was very funny....

....you see, I can hear you all laughing now!!!!!!!!! :laughing:

I'm sorry but I did laugh! :blush:

I shouldn't have done because we used to keep geese when I was a child and they chased me - I was terrified and I've never forgotten it!

Miffy xx

The Juggler
16-06-2010, 09:05 PM
never knew peacoks were so destructive! there are those companies you can call out that do magic paintwork fixes - not sure what they are called though sorry.

ChocolateChip
16-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Plastic Surgeons?

margimum
17-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Glad your car is not too bad, or at least you are not too worried about it!

My dad had the rear side of his car ripped open like a tin opener the other day, they are 99% certain it was the dustcart going into the school down the lane where he works, but he cant involve the police cos they will insist on insurance and then he will have his beloved car written off, it has done £2500 worth of damage, he works in a garage so is trying to get it fixed cheaper!

Can't your dad buy back the car from the insurance company if they write it off? I have heard of this being done before.