PDA

View Full Version : oh no plz help

hollyoaksmad
16-06-2010, 04:57 PM
not long been childminding typically before I had to leave go 2 school 6month old has bad nappy all clothes everything ruined i just rinsed it didnt wanna put in washing machine as its mums house and she wont want left over poo in it

do you lot wash there clothes?

i rinsed them put them in bag mum didnt seem to happy she asked y didnt wash i sed

i dnt really want poo in washing machine and nurserys dont do it now i feel bad

loocyloo
16-06-2010, 05:01 PM
i rinse clothes off the best i can and put them in a bag (or two or three!) to go home. in summer, if there is time i will often put them on the line to dry.

i have maybe once or twice put clothes through machine, but only once i'd rinsed them anyway, and only if i had a suitable load about to go in the machine. i wouldn't put the machine on especially.

same with excessively painty or muddy clothes!

xxx

PixiePetal
16-06-2010, 05:02 PM
I bag it up and send it home dirty :) Can't spend my time doing other peoples washing and they may have allergy to my washing powder etc

cabby
16-06-2010, 05:04 PM
i agree with the above replys, i just rinse them and bag them up:thumbsup:

hollyoaksmad
16-06-2010, 05:05 PM
thank gawd that im not only one then i felt awful and she sed her mother in law hu is childminder washes all clothes so i sed well id av 2 charge u LOL

Playmate
16-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Must admit I do wash them :blush: :blush:

solly
16-06-2010, 05:18 PM
I just bag them up as it's not my job to wash their clothes as i have enough of my own to do

charliegee
16-06-2010, 05:28 PM
ah hun I don't think we have to wash clothes

I'm the same - rinse out and bag up - I also put on the line if there is time

imagine if LO was allergic to your washing powder or if you or your family got poorly because it went in your machine - you're minising infection by not washing them I think.

I don't think she should have got funny about it - I think good on any childminder who does wash - very nice of them - as a parent I'd be really grateful but I don't think it is a "must" if you see what I mean

I think you did the right thing hun xxx

Minstrel
16-06-2010, 05:38 PM
I have never washed the children's clothes- i am a childminder not a laundrette!

snufflepuff
16-06-2010, 06:10 PM
I dont see why we should be washing thier clothes?!
I think if i was going to be putting a load on anyway i might throw theirs in too, but theres no way i'd put the machine on especially for them.

cher25
16-06-2010, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't wash their clothes unless i had washing to go in aswell. Which i did do with a lo who was potty training last year. But it was only a couple of times.

mamasheshe
16-06-2010, 06:21 PM
i give them back in a bag nobody questioned it yet:thumbsup:

TheBTeam
16-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I used to rinse them out, but now i just bag them up and send them home, if the pants/knickers are in a right mess i bag them separately to the trousers so that they can choose to bin the pants, then i advise them on how bad so that they can choose!:D

I cant take the thought of another families pooey clothes in my washing machine! When we did mud pies the other day and it was a beautiful hot day and i had some washing to put on i did put the kids clothes in and dry them, and when we got back from the splash park and i laundered our towels/clothes i put the mindees in with ours and gave them back clean.

But thinking about it afterwards I did wonder what the parents would think, not sure if they would worry that their childs clothes might have been tumbling around a washing machine with my families undies!:blush: :laughing:

hollyoaksmad
16-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I have never washed the children's clothes- i am a childminder not a laundrette!

haha made me laugh thanx everyone :)

littletreasures
16-06-2010, 07:03 PM
I used to, but don't now. They go in a bag and sent home

wellybelly
16-06-2010, 07:50 PM
For health and safety reasons, my washing machine is for my family. I would'nt want to contaminate my family if it's a tummy bug. Unlikeley I know, but It's still my home and my family. I bag it and send it home regardless of what state its in.

sarah707
16-06-2010, 07:52 PM

Same here! :D

auntym
16-06-2010, 08:04 PM
I have a spare set of clothes for each child. So if they mess then I change them, I do wash messed clothes but then I keep them as my spare set.
I do agree tho that we are not wash ladies and would have no problem sending home the clothes, its really just out of habit now x
In my eyes tho you did the right thing hon.

The Juggler
16-06-2010, 09:11 PM
I bag it up and send it home dirty :) Can't spend my time doing other peoples washing and they may have allergy to my washing powder etc

me too and where do you rinse them? having poo in the sink can't be better than in the washing machine.

Very bad pooey clothes get double bagged and sent home:p I will wash wet ones though.

ChocolateChip
16-06-2010, 09:35 PM
I just send the lot home bagged up for the parents to deal with.

I have washed stray school jumpers/ pe kit that have been left at mine over the weekend but I don't do 'soiled' items, partly because of the hygiene issue,partly because I've got enough of my own washing and also so that the parent can see what's happened- sorry that probably sounds gross but I have had a parent who I swear didn't believe her child had been ill and would have left him here if it wasn't for a bag of dirty clothes as evidence!

jo f
16-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Yep just sluice (not sure how its spelt!) and bag em! I don't think its expected of u to wash them etc.
I used to sluice dirty pants etc and parent just binned them when it happened to them!!!!!

Trouble
16-06-2010, 09:45 PM

i agree:D couldnt of put it better myself:D

Millenium
17-06-2010, 06:59 AM
I was advised by a Health Visitor that I should definitely not wash any soiled clothes. They should be securely bagged up and sealed for the parent when they collect. As someone else has mentioned, the big issue is sensitivities to washing powders etc. and the child could end up with some kind of rash!

In any case, I cannot afford to run my washing machine in the day for just a couple of items.

Toothfairy
17-06-2010, 07:28 AM
I don't wash them - just bag them up.:thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
17-06-2010, 11:08 AM
me too and where do you rinse them? having poo in the sink can't be better than in the washing machine.

Very bad pooey clothes get double bagged and sent home:p I will wash wet ones though.

Thats what I was wondering?? I have one lo who is potty training who can get through 3 of 4 pairs of pooey pants a day!!! I just bag them up as they are :blush: Dont fancy the idea of swilling them in my sink, wash hand basin or in the washing machine to be honest :panic:

Mollymop
17-06-2010, 12:16 PM
If mum asked me why i didnt wash the clothes I would reply "Because it isn't my job" End of.:thumbsup:

Blaze
17-06-2010, 01:37 PM

Same here!:thumbsup: