PDA

View Full Version : Grazes

venus89
16-06-2010, 01:05 PM
LOs fallen over on two consecutive days and grazed the same knee. Yesterday I didn't even notice! Today he said it was sore but he's made no fuss so I wiped itover with a clean cloth and left it.

What would you do for a graze?

grindal
16-06-2010, 01:07 PM
However you treat it, make sure you record it in your accident book.

I tend to use a "magic" wipe on grazes and a plaster is often needed to stop it hurting :blush:

venus89
16-06-2010, 01:10 PM
However you treat it, make sure you record it in your accident book.

I tend to use a "magic" wipe on grazes and a plaster is often needed to stop it hurting :blush:

Would you put a plaster on if they weren't fussed about it though?

SammyM
16-06-2010, 01:14 PM
I'd only put a plaster on a graze if it were still bleeding or weeping or it was in danger of being infected i.e little one in sandpit, playing in garden etc.

Fresh air will help dry a graze and make it heal quicker.

Although sometimes the plaster is a miracal cure of hysterics!!!

venus89
16-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Although sometimes the plaster is a miracal cure of hysterics!!!

:laughing: :laughing: too true!

I just wanted to check I wasn't failing in my duties in some way :laughing:

grindal
16-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Would only use a plaster if it helped them calm down - or was actually needed :blush:

But my 2 and mindees always seem to need a plaster on the smallest of "hurties"

marzi
16-06-2010, 04:26 PM
My son had a bandage on a stinging nettle sting a few weeks ago :rolleyes: Magically stopped the tears!

TheBTeam
16-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I tend to only use plasters if the blood is still weeping or it is a pretty wide open graze, otherwise i tend to leave it uncovered.

charliegee
16-06-2010, 05:30 PM
I tend to only use plasters if the blood is still weeping or it is a pretty wide open graze, otherwise i tend to leave it uncovered.

Same here - plasters sometimes have "magic healing properties" though for the smallest of "sore-ies" too though!

x

Tealady
16-06-2010, 10:56 PM
I always cover any wound regardless of how minor it is, incase of infection. If the child comes back the next day and it is dry then I leave it but if it is still a bit sticky or get knocked and opens again then it is immediately covered.

ORKSIE
17-06-2010, 06:48 AM
I have a Mindee who is terrified of plasters.

I am not looking forward to the day he needs one:panic:

Mollymop
17-06-2010, 07:22 AM

Me too :thumbsup:

AliceK
17-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I have a mindee who grazes her knees at least twice a week. I always fill in an accident form and get dad to sign when he picks up. I just wash it, wipe with antiseptic wipe and lots of cuddles. I have never put a plaster on yet, I wasn't sure where we stood on that.

xxxxxx

charleyfarley
17-06-2010, 12:58 PM
My son had a bandage on a stinging nettle sting a few weeks ago :rolleyes: Magically stopped the tears!

Mitchell has a magic baby wipe for his stinging nettle wounds :D

Lo grazed his knees yesterday, twice :panic: only needed cleaning though, no plasters.

Carol xx