PDA

View Full Version : Just things were looking rosie

Shirlwith3
16-06-2010, 11:17 AM
I was so chuffed in April when I filled all my spaces then yesterday a had bombshell dropped that the 2 new mindees (siblings again) aged 10mths & 2yrs have been offered a place at a nursery full time from Aug & that mum would like ME to have her 2 from 6.30am-8pm drop them of while I am out taking my oldest dd to school which I can as I have to take my youngest to school 15mins away from oldest dd school , well I am really miffed as I have to turn away 3 people lately also I am not willing to have the girls that early either as I am knackered as I am woken at 5am to let the puppy out then have to take him out & be ready for them at 6.30am, I am lucky to have a wash o let alone a shower.
I am going to have a rule that I will not work before 7.30am or after 5.30pm & that I will not have siblings either as when both go I loose about £900-£1000 a month, I do have one other mindee full time though

Fabby
16-06-2010, 11:22 AM
thats a shame but stay positive and think that everything happens for a reason...

Mouse
16-06-2010, 11:27 AM
What a shame :(

Would it be worth having a word with mum & asking if she's sure she wants them to go to a nursery? I truely believe that no matter how good a nursery is, a 10mth old is better off with a childminder than full time in a nursery :panic:

I agree that I wouldn't work that early, not just so the children can go to nursery. I try not to start any earlier than 8am and even that's a struggle some mornings!

Fingers crossed something else comes along quickly.

Alibali
16-06-2010, 12:46 PM
:eek: how cheeky, not wanting to use you for care, but OK for dropping of at nursery, I wouldn't do it.

Carol M
16-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Did you take a reservation deposit?
Carol x

The Juggler
16-06-2010, 01:09 PM
do they come at 6.30 am now? tbh I wouldn't do a nursery drop off and charge only for those hours not with two under 5's spaces being used up.

charliegee
16-06-2010, 05:45 PM
do they come at 6.30 am now? tbh I wouldn't do a nursery drop off and charge only for those hours not with two under 5's spaces being used up.

Same here. I think that is cheeky (if I've understood correctly) that mum was signed up for siblings for full days and now only wants pick up and drop offs?

x

solly
16-06-2010, 07:08 PM
I wouldn't do it. I used to have 2 children who left me to go to the after schools club which was fine by me as the kids were both very hard work. The mum asked if I could oick them up at 5.30 and give them tea and keep them until 6.30pm as kids club closes at 5.45. I told her politely to go forth and multiply.

I will start ealier and finish late in emergencies only

sarah707
16-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Don't allow yourself to be used you are clearly doing enough already.

Hugs xx

Shirlwith3
21-06-2010, 06:41 PM
don't believe it , had an enquiry today for a full time space so spoke to mum who was putting her 2 lo's into nursery to ask if they are still going & got a no I have cancelled as she is unable to get them to nursery ( as I had said no to dropping them of), so I am now not loosing the 2 lo's whihc will mean I will still have the early starts :( , I have 4 6.30am starts this week & next week am going to be well knackered this weekend too

miffy
21-06-2010, 08:09 PM
TBH I think I would have seen the person who enquired about the full time space. The other mum is messing you about and will probably leave anyway if she gets a better offer. I can't believe she cancelled nursery but didn't tell you - she could have been without childcare if you hadn't double-checked with her.

Miffy xx

Playmate
21-06-2010, 08:17 PM
TBH I think I would have seen the person who enquired about the full time space. The other mum is messing you about and will probably leave anyway if she gets a better offer. I can't believe she cancelled nursery but didn't tell you - she could have been without childcare if you hadn't double-checked with her.

Miffy xx

I agree :D

Desi-101
21-06-2010, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't do it! its another case of parents not realising how good childminders are and all the training and stuff we do! she used you as a half way house whilst her kids were on a waiting list!:angry:

rickysmiths
21-06-2010, 09:49 PM
I'd be inclined to see the potential new person and if they look good to go I would tell the mum of the two, sorry you gave me notice and I have just filled the space, your notice stands and care ends as agreed on ...... Of course you could say you will let her know if a vacancy comes up in the future.

Shirlwith3
22-06-2010, 05:03 AM
I do agree but mum never gave me written notice also the pay is good as it is around £1000 per mth, kids are good only down side is the early starts thankfully not every day is an early start plus they go at 4pm.
I just feel sorry in a way for the other lady as she did come to see me when she was pg but never let me know till after she had the baby, which was when I took the 2 sisters on as I never was informed she wanted me as she had seen some other childminders. I think I have found her someone else again who can help.

onceinabluemoon
22-06-2010, 06:32 AM
Hope it works out for you. :)

Personally I would have taken the new child too, the other mother is probably going to drop you as soon as she finds somebody who'll take her kiddies to nursery.

Fingers crossed she doesn't find anybody x