PDA

View Full Version : Request for overnight childminding...

Nix
28-03-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm registered to provide it but never thought much about it as this is the first time it has been requested!

Anything I need to be aware of/take into consideration? Hints and tips appreciated...

And what should I charge:o

Little boy is 3 in June and comes full time.

Thanks in advance
Nix, x

sarah707
28-03-2008, 10:13 PM
I would only say the obvious really - make sure you find out as much as possible about his night time routine, have teddies / cuddlies to hand... and don't take any nonsense, as you'll make a rod for your back if you do.

Totally don't know on money, though... can you find out what the charges are in your area?

Good luck! :D

miffy
28-03-2008, 10:19 PM
I agree with Sarah really - you could let him see where he's going to be sleeping beforehand.

I don't know about money either - have a look on the cis website for any other minders in your area who offer overnight care and ring them for advice

Good luck

miffy xx

Pudding Girl
28-03-2008, 10:22 PM
I was talking to my Inspector about overnight minding when I had my pre reg - she said that it's normal to charge at least double your hourly rate, if that helps any?

Decided against it in the end as up here in Scotland, new minders need mains powered smoke alarms at top and bottom of stairs ( which I had fitted) and also a mains one linked to the others in the bedroom the child sleeps in, and couldn't afford it!

wendywu
28-03-2008, 11:00 PM
I charge £30.00 for the hours they are asleep, the normal rate £4.00 per hour from drop off to bed time and in the morning after they get up to collection. But i have not got any contracted to overnight care, this is just for when it is needed generally for social events. If it was regular because someone was working then i would charge by the hour.:)

susi513
29-03-2008, 05:22 PM
Have seen posts elsewhere indicate £45-£70 per child per night. My tutor suggested to look at price of nearest travelodge or similar and use that as a guideline.

Angela234
29-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I am registered for overnight only had one enquiry for 2 children but they never got back to me
I did email some childminders in other local towns (found on CIS) to ask what the local rate was they came back with between £25 - £35 a night

Angela

Tily Bud
29-03-2008, 09:54 PM
I dont think i would want to do this as I like having some me and family time at the end of the day xx but its great that you are happy to do it x

Nix
30-03-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks again for your help girls.

Good idea to show him where he'll be sleeping, and parents...

Lots of different ideas of what to charge, will have to give it some consideration. Been advised to charge an hourly rate whilst asleep because he might wake up:eek:

Likely to be a one off as both parents have work commitments, not sure I'd like to do it as a regular thing. Too tired at the end of the day!

Thanks
Nix, x