PDA

View Full Version : pick ups from school

Mookins
16-06-2010, 09:01 AM
my first enquiry and shes asked me if i charge for pick ups from school?

is that the norm? i thought that was a bit extreme? just said to my hubby i wouldnt charge and he said ask you helpful bunnies

x xx

Chimps Childminding
16-06-2010, 10:33 AM
I know some childminders who do charge for taking and collecting from school, personally when I used to do it i didn't charge extra (don't do it now as bus picks up and drops more or less at my door so children go to school on that)

What I do for my before and after schoolies is charge sessions anyway so it is usually slightly enhanced to what my hourly rate is anyway!

babs
16-06-2010, 10:36 AM
i take it you will be minding them not just picking up and dropping at home.... i dont charge it in with my after school charge , but if mum asked me to pick up and take home i would not sure how much tho...

Mookins
16-06-2010, 10:44 AM
IL BE PICKING UP FROM SCHOOL AT 1PM AND HAVING TILL 4PM oops caps on
so just charging for the hours i have, the school is about 5 mins up the road from me so cant justify any extra really, unless il be his first emergency contact in which case id charge for those hours too is that right...gone brain dead this morning
x x x

babs
16-06-2010, 11:16 AM
lo i have at moment is going into school half days in september but still charging full time as she is taking up ful time place and im emergency contact,will also be having full time in school hols.. will only change to just charging before and after school when she goes in full time school next september 2011 then she will go into my rising fives...

tulip0803
16-06-2010, 12:01 PM
I was told that it is iffy ground to charge for pick-ups/drop offs as your insurance company can say you are doing "hire & reward" so may class you as taxi - may not payout on claims or may charge more. Also the local council could insist that you get a taxi license:rolleyes: . All maybes but I decided to include all mileage in fees. If it was a pick-up further away I would increase hourly rate slightly but most have been very local.

There are minders here that still do it though.