PDA

View Full Version : non stereotypical images??????

claire bear 72
15-06-2010, 06:28 PM
hi.........had a visit today from network co-ordinator and i was asked if i had an images of non stereotypical granparents??????:D .............well to hand i said no!!!:p soooooooo i have tried googling it and so far nothing!!!! :( does anyone no where i could find some/or a book containing any images???? thanx in advance!!! :laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
15-06-2010, 06:51 PM
everyone knows grandparents have grey hair and walking frames :rolleyes: :laughing:

You could ask the children to bring in photos of their grandparents :D

pinklady
15-06-2010, 06:52 PM
I bought a copy of this magazine and it had a good poster with families from different backgrounds. It was up during my inspection and my inspector loved it. They still have a copy on their website and I hope it helps.

http://education.scholastic.co.uk/resources/52916

TheBTeam
15-06-2010, 08:08 PM
everyone knows grandparents have grey hair and walking frames :rolleyes: :laughing:

You could ask the children to bring in photos of their grandparents :D

Or the other extreme stilettos and mini skirts!:rolleyes:

kindredspirits
15-06-2010, 08:13 PM
:huh: why?!?! I can't see the issue with having pictures of older grandparents - why do you need to have non-steryotypical ones??? I just can't see it ever becoming an issue in a child's life - my granny's not old!!!!!!! :panic: :eek:

RedDragon
15-06-2010, 08:19 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/jkn/lowres/jknn92l.jpg

mamasheshe
15-06-2010, 08:20 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

christine e
15-06-2010, 08:23 PM
Once I decided to make a non stereo typical book of occupations and googled femal mechanic. The images that came up were a bit saucy! Rather exposed ladies straddled across racing cars! :panic: Not what I wanted and I'm afraid I gave up on the idea because when I googled other occupations similar stuff came up!

Cx

miffy
15-06-2010, 08:33 PM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/jkn/lowres/jknn92l.jpg
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Miffy xx

Minstrel
15-06-2010, 09:47 PM
My sons have very non-stereotypical grandparents! ;)

chibault
16-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Try the publisher frances Lincoln, they speciialise in diverse books for children,
hth,
becky x

The Juggler
16-06-2010, 06:23 AM
Once I decided to make a non stereo typical book of occupations and googled femal mechanic. The images that came up were a bit saucy! Rather exposed ladies straddled across racing cars! :panic: Not what I wanted and I'm afraid I gave up on the idea because when I googled other occupations similar stuff came up!

Cx

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

singingcactus
16-06-2010, 07:08 AM
I guess pictures of pretty much anyone over the age of about 28 could be labelled as non stereotypical grandparents!
My gran (dads mum) is around the same age as my mum, my mum had me quite late for those days, and my dad was a lot younger than her. His mum had him when she was very young, and he was still young when he had me.
Having said that he was brought up by his gran who he called mum, and my great gran on his side was still younger by a lot than my gran on my mothers side.
I think it would be hard these days to find whatever your coordinator would class as typical parents lol. Even my parents are now divorced, and my dad remarried so my kids have the usual 3 sets of grandparents :D.

mabel
16-06-2010, 10:33 AM
this gets so silly surely all Grandparents are individuals in their own right which
makes them just ....special because we love them so

babs
16-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Or the other extreme stilettos and mini skirts!:rolleyes:

i know a granny like this goes to local toddlers.... lol.... mutton dressed as lamb springs to mind...

teacake2
16-06-2010, 05:52 PM
First child I looked after Mum was 16, Gran was 32, and yes you guessed it great gran was 48:eek: :eek: :eek:
Teacake2