PDA

View Full Version : Retainer fee - how much

kitty
28-03-2008, 07:04 PM
I've got a mum coming around tomorrow, looking for before and after school care for her 4 yr old daughter in September. Business is really slow here and I'm worried that I might end up with no work until sept if she wants me. What is the normal % you would take to hold the space open?
Thanks
Kitty
xx

Twinkles
28-03-2008, 07:26 PM
I personally take a deposit rather than a retainer. Make it a substantial one though, non refundable if she doesn't use the place.

angeldelight
28-03-2008, 07:31 PM
I would also take a deposit

I would ask for the first month fees for deposit

Get her to sign something if she agrees explaining that she is aware that the deposit comes off the first mths minding and is not refundable if she changes her mind

She is less likely to let you down if she pays you a whole month

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

kitty
28-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks - sorry I meant a deposit:blush:
Kitty
xx

miffy
29-03-2008, 10:09 AM
I agree with the others

Good luck hope you get the job

miffy xx

Alibali
29-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Yep I'd go with the deposit, just ensure it's enough to cover your losses if she changes her mind. Good luck.

Ali :)

kitty
29-03-2008, 12:53 PM
thanks, well they've just left - really lovely parents and girls. It was such mayhem with the five girls playing, my husband talking to the dad and me trying to speak above the noise to mum that she's going to call me on Sunday evening to talk more. I do feel that it went really well and they seemed really happy with everything, but have thought that in the past and the parents decided not to go for it......

Haven't mentioned the deposit yet, but she is using a childminder atm,so hopefully it won't be too much of a shock for her!!!

thanks again
kitty
xxx

emler
29-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Sounds like a positive meeting - fingers crossed for you

Emler x

angeldelight
29-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Fingers crossed for you

Angel xx

deeb66