PDA

View Full Version : early years? variation?

mushpea
15-06-2010, 06:02 PM
I look after a 4yrold who goes to school in september,, now i know she will be classed as an over 5 but do i need to ring ofsted cause on my certificate it says that i can have no more than 3 in the early years age group and that the early years age group is till august 31st after their 5,, do ofsted automaticly allow this or do i have to go through the whole proccess of asking for a variation? Also do i need to let them know what days this will be as i dont know myself what days she is comming as yet (mum is changing hours/days), i have had this child for 2yrs

The Juggler
15-06-2010, 06:04 PM
it is fine but you do need to get your certificate changed to reflect it and unless your mindee is doing full days from the start you'd need a variation to cover you for her induction period/half days should you take on another under 5 at the start of September.

:)

Chatterbox Childcare
15-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Ofsted have put a standard sentence of all new/renewed certificates stating that those going to school full time whilst coming under the EY register are classed and 5 for ratio purposes. This starts when 10 sessions are attended per week

mushpea
15-06-2010, 08:55 PM
thanks folks, i will ring in the morning and ask them to renew my cert and tell them about the new schoolie then,, thanks.