PDA

View Full Version : Converse lace up boots for a 4 year old

cuffleygirl
15-06-2010, 01:51 PM
who can't get them on himself let alone do them up - they are are right pain we sit there pushing against knees etc but they look great am I being awkward in asking for a pair he put more easily?

margaret
15-06-2010, 02:02 PM
i have an 18mth old with converse plimsole white lace ups they were an absolute nightmare to get on i asked mum for a pair of doodles,she initially said i cant afford another pair of shoes to which i said you take him out in doodles at weekend- now comes in doodles.

pinklady
15-06-2010, 02:15 PM
My 20 month old mindee has baby pink lace up converse boots. They are a total pain to put on and not exactly a practical colour either :panic:

I told mum & dad that they're very difficult to put on when you're trying to get out the door in a hurry for a school or nursery run and she rarely comes in them now.

Millenium
15-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Three of my four mindees from different families have lace-up footwear - it seems to be increasing in popularity for younger children! Certainly a challenge when going out!

hello kitty
15-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Yep, I've got one in similar footwear too. I texted mum asking for alternative footwear and she turned up with wellies. :rolleyes:

mandy moo
15-06-2010, 05:21 PM
I lurve my pink converse boots:laughing: :D :laughing: :D

rickysmiths
15-06-2010, 05:23 PM
My daughter had lace up shoes for school when she was 5yrs old because they were the only ones she liked in the shop. She had them on the promise that she learned to do the laces because we explained that the teacher would not be able to help her. She did learn.

I refuse to have under 5s in laces, the shoes are usually a nightmre to get on and as some of you have said when you are trying to get 3or 4 los out it is not fun.

LOOPYLISA
15-06-2010, 05:30 PM
My 16 yr old step son and hubs have trouble getting theirs on :D

sweets
15-06-2010, 05:31 PM
tell me about it!!!

my 4 year old mindee comes in the same, he has 2 pairs a blue pair and a black pair. He hates them and i hate them, he is quite an independant boy and hates the fact that i have to put his shoes on! he cant even get them off himself he just pulls at the laces till they get all knotted!

:angry: :angry:

The Juggler
15-06-2010, 06:07 PM
lace up shoes - my pet hate for pre-schoolers!:angry:

PixiePetal
15-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Some things never change - I had a child in the nursery I was working in over 20 years ago with some - they were awful. :angry: Preferred him in wellies.

My DS was desperate for lace up shoes - he taught himself to do them before he was 6 but with his wide feet there was not much choice in school shoes and he was 10 before they had some that fitted without velcro :rolleyes: