PDA

View Full Version : where do i go now

little_gems
15-06-2010, 12:56 PM
as some of you know i sent a complaint into ofsted in april, they still havent gave me an answer. I sent them an e-mail on thursday saying that i dont think its right the way i being treated and i want a re-inspection and a new report written - heard nothing friday sent them an e-mail saying i hadnt heard anything and could some one please ring me - still havent had a phone call or anything so today i sent a nother e-mail asking for someone to contact me asap.
My question is what can i do?????
it's starting to get me down ive had parents coming round that have read of report on line and im having to explain that most of it is wrong.

Another childminder i no has just got outstanding they hadnt done any SEF but had done a quality improvemnt plan. I got down graded for not compleating my sef (i had started it) and i'd done a quality improvemnt plan.

Sorry to keep going on its just i have no one thats helping me.

Pipsqueak
15-06-2010, 01:02 PM
I think its time to ask to speak to a manager and tell them that you intend to take this further and what is their further complaints procedure or who do you go to.
Have you a CDO who will guide you through? Are you an NCMA member - perhaps :rolleyes: you could get them on the case.
I would consider taking legal advice as its affecting your business now - wrongly.

Write another formal complaint in writing.

marzi
15-06-2010, 01:03 PM
I don't know how you can get downgraded for not doing your SEF, it's not compulsory after all! Maybe ring them rather than email so you can have a good old moan at them.

cuffleygirl
15-06-2010, 01:11 PM
I think I would send a new complaint containing a copy of your original complaint in writing, by recorded delivery so they have no excuse but to follow up. As above it is now adversely affecting your business so take legal advice possibly from CAB as well NCMA.

Is it worth ringing your local authorities educational department to check on timescales for complaints for schools, as these are also ofsted inspected there must be a procedure surely.

The grading system is so unfair, I have a good, my paperwork is good and up to date, have a sef and all the relevant training courses FA, CP up to date. I do free and structured play, creativity go to toddler groups and music groups, with mindees and yet there is another minder I know of, who doesn't to any of these groups and tells her mindees parents that she is unable to offer painting etc due the age range of the children 0-3 her CP course according to her lastest ofsted needs updating and yet she is outstanding. I don't get it.

little_gems
15-06-2010, 01:11 PM
i have tried ringing and that's got me no where. they just keep saying its being delt with and cant give mea date as to when i'll get an answer.

My co-ordinator hasnt got a clue what to do, ive spoken to her manager and she hasnt helped and i'm now waiting for her manager to phone me back. Ive only been waiting about 10 days.
Im not a member of NCMA and i rang MM and they said that my insurance doesnt cover this sort of things and it runs into the £1000's
how do i take it further????

solly
15-06-2010, 01:24 PM
I know how frustrated you must be feeling with Ofsted:angry:
I know this is different

I had a complaint made against me in February and another one made against me in April. Each time they wrote me a letter outlining the complaint and both times gave me a week to reply which I did and sent the relevant documentation with it. Both were sent recorded and have been recieved as I have checked.
I have emailed, spoken & written to them as I want closure on these complaints and I am still waiting.
I had a phonecall about a month ago to say my inspection is due (I wasn't aware it was due until Jan 11) so said to the inspector was this to do with the complaints and she said what complaints, after telling her and her checking on the computer she said she would be intouch in the future as she can not inspect me whilst there are complaints still open.
It has given me a reprieve but I am far from happy as i Just want closure on both complaints, they would the first to be on my back if I had not responded by the deadline they gave me:angry:

sillysausage
15-06-2010, 02:00 PM
I would also take it up with your local MP. Your treatment has been very unfair.

little_gems
15-06-2010, 08:34 PM
well tomorow morning i'm going to ring ofsted and say that i want to speak to managment. They havent even e-mailed me back too say that its been passed on.

little_gems
16-06-2010, 07:44 PM
well i rang ofsted this morning and was told someone would call me back by 2.00 and guess what they didnt. so i rang them back and was told someone would call me by 6.00.
Well a spoke to a lady who told me it had been passed on to managment and they were meeting on friday and i should have an answer by tuesday.
But they might not have made a decission and if that was the case then someone would contact me on tuesday and let me no the out come. :angry:
I've just had enought and they are now saying i might not even be re-instepcted. they might just change the wording in my complaint.
(If i just wanted the wording changing i could have had that done within 24 hours NOT 8 WEEKS)
So angry just want it to be sorted. :( :(