PDA

View Full Version : Few questions

sfox2003
15-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Hi

Ive been on holiday & when i got back there was a letter from ofsted saying they had tried to call but had been unsuccessful. It asks for info on if Im minding & if so what days & how many.

Now Im scared to death, Ive not done my SEF & theres so many little bits that I dont think are complete (not much though, my development worker said Ive nothing to worry about, but i still am doing).

OK, first question, once I send my letter back saying what days I have mindees, how long off do you guess my actual inspection will be?

Do I need to have my boiler serviced? I cant remember if I was told when I was training that it needs to be.

Im worried about nappy changes as I normally do these in a diff room, I can still hear the children when Im on my own, but I obviously dont want to be seen to leave mrs O in there on her own with the other children. Cant take them all with me as then Im not allowing privacy for the child. Im not sure what to do. Would you ask her to step outside?

Thank You for your help.

Tups
28-07-2010, 08:18 PM
I would say as long as you can hear the children, and there's no babies left on there own, I hope that's right, I did that once and Mrs O was o k with it

lottie macfluff
30-07-2010, 06:25 PM
i had mine recently 2, nothing mentioned about boiler, so wouldnt worry about that!
They rang to see about my numbers then about 4 weeks after rang to say they were coming that week! I did my nappies in the same room ddput my back to inspector, to give child a little privacy, did it behind end off sofa and she said that was ideal, i was in the same room, but was giving child as much privacy as possible. i had done 3/4 of sef and i got a Good overall! dont worry you will be fine, good luck!

Bouncy_Princess
30-07-2010, 08:24 PM
I had about 2 weeks after they phoned until they came so hopfully you'd get around the same amount of time?
I would worry too much about your boiler tho, I was inspected on Weds & they didnt check anything like that! I also didnt even do my SEF but produced a list of ways I assess & evaluate myself & also a list of things I plan to do in the future....they were happy with that so Im sure anything you've done on you SEF will be fab! :thumbsup: