PDA

View Full Version : temporary contract/learning journal/journey/scrapbook etc.

Sharon-Marie
15-06-2010, 11:54 AM
presumably I will need to do this for a temp contract??? Should I carry on in the same style as the existing childminder??? Or should I create my own little 3 week journey??? putting my own spin on it??? Is this for Ofsted?? For me??? Or for the parents??? Or all of the above??? Cos i'm assuming at the end of the contract I hand it to mum??? Hmmmmm....confused of Wiltshire.com...

pinky33
15-06-2010, 12:01 PM
To be honest for 3 weeks I wouldn't be doing a learning journey or anything, just contract, attendance record and a little note in bag to say what child has done.

Hazel

Sharon-Marie
15-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Thank you hazel!

rickysmiths
15-06-2010, 12:07 PM
I would do a mini scrap book for three weeks, it shows mum and dad what lo has been doing while in my setting.

Not to blow my own trumpet of course :blush: who knows who they might show it to, who would be impressed and want to use my services in the future? :idea:

Sharon-Marie
15-06-2010, 12:18 PM
thankyou...i think I can take a leaf out of both your responses...so no pressure for me, but a little bit of scrapbooking/diarising what we've done could be beneficial...not to mention, nice for mum n dad to look through! Cheers, ladies!

pinky33
15-06-2010, 12:22 PM
3 weeks isn't long enough to do a baseline let alone follow on from that.
It would have to be an amazing scrapbook for someone to think hey I need to sign up with this person. And that would mean a long time working on it, I'm not knocking you but time is precious and I know myself I have very little time to myself after working, cleaning/sorting toys, and doing all the paperwork. Maybe I'm being lazy but don't see the point in spending more time on something that's not really needed.

Obviously I'm not being nasty to you, just sharing what we do hands up to you for what you do.

Cazz
15-06-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm in a similar position - possibly have a 7 month old baby for 3 days a week on a temporary basis (could be 2 weeks could be more - who knows?)

I normally have a pre-printed daily dairy book for little ones that I fill in but I plan to buy a notebook and write down feeds, nappy changes and where we've been etc and maybe put the odd photo in as well.