PDA

View Full Version : temporary contract? Period of notice to end????

Sharon-Marie
15-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Hi...can someone help with this one...I have a three week contract to fulfill, what "period of notice to end" should i put??? If i leave it blank and, for example, mum tells me tomorrow that she has an alternative carer, i won't have a leg to stand on will I??? So do i put three weeks...so that, in the event of that happening, I would still be entitled to full payment??? Is that right??? Thank you!

Ripeberry
15-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Best thing to do with temporary contracts is to get a 'short-term' contract and get the money paid up front, then if she does change her mind, you still get paid for the time you worked.
I'm not sure if we can keep all the money if they change their mind :(

The Juggler
15-06-2010, 01:17 PM
I agree with Ripeberry, I would expect full payment for the 3 weeks if parent terminated.

miffy
15-06-2010, 02:16 PM
I agree with Ripeberry, I would expect full payment for the 3 weeks if parent terminated.

Me, too! I'd ask for cash or cleared funds for the whole three weeks before I started.

Miffy xx

jumpinjen
15-06-2010, 02:26 PM
If there was less than 28 days to go before the three weeks then I would expect full payment, as if you take on for the summer holidays then you can't fill if she pulls out just before. you could state that as a summer place is taken up but you are charging for three weeks not five/six then payment is due in full if it is cancelled with less than 28 days before the start of the contract? I add extras to the large blank bit in the contract and get parent to sign there too as well as all the usual places

HTH, Jenni:)