PDA

View Full Version : What do you think???

sp1
15-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Hi,

Before I ring Ofsted :panic: I thought I would see what other people thought (as the idea of ringing Ofsted scares me lol)

At the moment I can only have one child in the early years age group. My son is due to start school in Sept, but only half days. The school do an 'extra curriculum activity' in the afternoon for the half dayers. So my son would be doing a full day at school 3 days a week.

I have just had an enquiry from a lady who wants me to have her 3 year old child 3 days a week from Sept. One of the days she wants falls on a day when I already have an 18 month old(making me at max numbers) If my son is at his afternoon club, do you think I would be able to take the child term time only until Jan when my son would go in full time?

I hope I'm making sense :)

auntym
15-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Depends if they overlap?? eg after school. in which case u can alway try for a variation? But wat about holidays and inservice days? would u not be over ur numbers then as son off school?

sp1
15-06-2010, 10:55 AM
I was going to tell her that until Jan I can only do term time only. She will be dropping the child off after the school run and she is quite happy to meet me up at that school (as she has other children at school) at the end of the day. Are inservice days Teacher Training Days?:blush: As they always fall on a Monday and it's a Friday that i have the trouble with.

What is a variation? (I'm sorry if I'm being a bit thick lol)

Tired
15-06-2010, 11:37 AM
If your son was off school, eg if he was ill, you would be over your numbers.

So I think you would need a variation, where you write and ask ofsted if you can have this extra child, and explain how you would meet all the children's needs.

Explain it will only be until Jan, and how many days/hours it would be.

gigglinggoblin
15-06-2010, 11:38 AM
I have always found Ofsted to be really pleasant and helpful on the phone. A variation is just a change to the terms you currently have on your certificate. Its worth ringing and asking, I cant see it causing any problems

sp1
15-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Thankyou once again for lots of good advice :thumbsup:

I think I'll write to them as will be easier to explain in a letter and I'm not that great on the phone( I get all tounge tied :o )