PDA

View Full Version : Recipes for Fathers Day

shelly04
15-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi ,

Has anyone got any ideas for what the kids could bake for dad?

Sharon-Marie
15-06-2010, 12:02 PM
ha ha... I see lots of people have "looked" at this thread, prseumable, like me, hoping for some inspiration!!! Oh, dear, doesn't look like many daddies are gonna get home-baked goodies this yr!!! Well, I was thinking of something yummy, like maybe cinnamon whirls...I'm sure i have a recipe somewhere...not too tricky and quite tasty! or good ol' cheese straws are nice (with a beer or two), failing that we may go for the chilli/herb/tomato plant or old fashioned sweeties in home-made wrapping paper!

babs
15-06-2010, 12:32 PM
i have 1 lo making chocolate chip cookies in car shapes as dad loves them (mum cant go to asda without buying cookies) and another is cutting them out as footballs places blobs of white icing on to make them look like footballs... but they will probably both do car shapes and footballs knowing theses 2 they copy everything lol...

angeldelight
16-06-2010, 09:06 AM
These are nice and easy

Krispie Choco-Chip Popsicles

What you need...
350g chocolate chips/buttons
120g peanut butter
180g of Kellogg's Rice Krispies
150g miniature marshmallows
Ice lolly sticks

First put the chocolate and peanut butter in a large saucepan over a low heat, stirring constantly. When they've melted, remove from heat.

Next simply stir in the Rice Krispies and marshmallows

Using a buttered spatula, press the mixture evenly into a 13" x 9" x 2" greased baking tray

Chill in the fridge for about 45 minutes. Cut into 18 squares. Then put a plastic or wooden stick into each square and they're ready to eat.

Simple and very yummy

What about pizza

Get some rolls or muffins or buy small ready made pizza bases

Spread on tomato p and grated cheese then decorate ......

Get the kids to make a picture of their dads

Use your imagination

Hair - use green beans or cauliflower or what about grated carrot or shredded cheese

Eyes - use olives - raisins - pinapple chunks or rings - tomato Slices

Nose - small carrot - pepperoni - broccoli Top - cauliflower Top - raisin -
pineapple chunk

Mouth - onion wedge - peas - tomato wedge

Easy peasy and the kids love doing this

Angel xxx

Fabby
16-06-2010, 11:08 AM
What about pizza

Get some rolls or muffins or buy small ready made pizza bases

Spread on tomato p and grated cheese then decorate ......

Get the kids to make a picture of their dads

Use your imagination

Hair - use green beans or cauliflower or what about grated carrot or shredded cheese

Eyes - use olives - raisins - pinapple chunks or rings - tomato Slices

Nose - small carrot - pepperoni - broccoli Top - cauliflower Top - raisin -
pineapple chunk

Mouth - onion wedge - peas - tomato wedge

Easy peasy and the kids love doing this

Angel xxx[/QUOTE]

WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!!!! :clapping: ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! Been after a bit of inspiration for something that is easy but different and this is exactly it!!!! We will be doing this for sure!!!!! CANT WAIT!!!!! Thanku Angel xxx