PDA

View Full Version : over 8's pick up

KarenM
15-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Hi can someone help me please? My husband is my registered assistant and I understand he can't pick up on his own without first aid and OFSTED's permission. But with an over 8, is it ok as long as he has parents permission and first aid without going through the whole OFSTED process?

loocyloo
15-06-2010, 06:07 PM
my understanding is that ofsted have to give permission for your husband to have unsupervised care of ANY children, for both the early years and voluntary register, regardless of how old they are, both on and OFF the premises. i know i couldn't leave my assistant with my over 8's until my certificate said i could!

and in order to provide unsupervised care, the assistant must have first aid.

jaytravis
15-06-2010, 06:25 PM
i was on a first aid course and look after 3 sisters age 8 9 and 10 i had 15 mins where i finished the course tot the kids comin out cousre ended at 3.30 would get home at 3.45 i rang ofstead and they said it wasnt really anything to do with them and if it was ok with parents and got permission then it woulkd be ok for my hubby to pick them up from school and bring them to mine he is not my assistant either.

KarenM
16-06-2010, 03:56 PM
This is why I'm a bit miffed. Husband is doing his first aid regardless as I just think it's better for him to have it. But it's the over and under 8's divide I don't quite understand. When I ran the after school club I could never understand it either, there is no ratio or regulations, just 'good practice'.