PDA

View Full Version : Visitors

snufflepuff
15-06-2010, 10:05 AM
I have a visitors sheet but i wanted to check i have everything correct on it.
I write the persons name, the date, time they arrive and leave, and reason for visit. I am now thinking that maybe i dont really need to give a reason. Also, should the person sign it?

pinklady
15-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Mine has the same, Mrs O seemed fine with it :thumbsup:

gigglinggoblin
15-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I would keep reason in case you cant remember who they were, if you have a plumber in or something his name might not be much use to remember him by

rickysmiths
15-06-2010, 11:58 AM
I have never kept a visitors book/sheet in all the 19yrs I have been minding and I am not going to start now.

No visitors are ever left alone with any mindee, if a friend is coming round or a workman is coming for some purpose, I inform my parents.

If a fellow childminder comes they are CRB/Police Checked and again I would not leave them alone with the minder anyway.

I can't personally see what purpose it serves to keep a meaninless list for Ofsted to see because that is what I feel it is.

Ofsted have never berated me for not having such a list and nor have they even asked to see one during any of the 3 inspections I have had.

babs
15-06-2010, 12:08 PM
mine says name, time in, time out, reason for visit and they sign when they leave ive been minding now for nearly 2 years and still on 1st A4 sheet of paper( i dont have many friends:laughing: :laughing: ) so does not really take alot of paper work once you print one off...

AliceK
15-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I don't have one and it wasn't mentioned at my inspection. I wouldn't ever leave anyone alone with the mindees anyway plus I don't get many visitors :(

xxxxx

The Juggler
15-06-2010, 01:05 PM
I have never kept a visitors book/sheet in all the 19yrs I have been minding and I am not going to start now.

No visitors are ever left alone with any mindee, if a friend is coming round or a workman is coming for some purpose, I inform my parents.

If a fellow childminder comes they are CRB/Police Checked and again I would not leave them alone with the minder anyway.

I can't personally see what purpose it serves to keep a meaninless list for Ofsted to see because that is what I feel it is.

Ofsted have never berated me for not having such a list and nor have they even asked to see one during any of the 3 inspections I have had.

I don't have one either and don't plan to. I also don't have written daily checklists for risk assessment (I KNOW I do it everyday and a piece of paper proves nothing) and I don't have a sleep check's record either. Also:blush: :blush: I don't keep records of dates I do fire practice - I do them termly but don't record it. I am NOT a nursery.:)

snufflepuff
15-06-2010, 02:21 PM
I know its not a requirement, i just thought that as it seems some inspectors like it, it does no harm to have one. My family come to visit, plus friends who have children. It doesnt take long to sign them in.

Blue Boy
15-06-2010, 07:01 PM
We get visitors to sign our diary this included the Ofsted Inspectors who seemed impressed and wrote something down after being asked to sign.

Millenium
16-06-2010, 08:06 AM
At my recent inspection, the Ofsted inspector saw that I had a "Visitors Book" but said it was unecessary in a childminder's setting! I will still maintain it however as another inspector may have different views.