PDA

View Full Version : would you agree to this?

newandlearning
15-06-2010, 08:32 AM
in sept. (like many of us) things are all changing.. initially my full timer was going to school and was going to get picked up by grandad... (as one half days)

now parents want me to pick up on one of the days and would have mindee for 4 hours ... at the moment I've got the space for this but could feel differently if a full day mindee wanted a monday slot..

would you take this on? or would you say yes now but tell parents if I find someone comes to me wanting full days then I would expect a retainer of half pay for other hours?

just wondering? xx:) .. I find all these new mindees coming in a lil nerve racking as I want to ensure I keep my energy levels good and don't take on too much yet still have a good salary.. what a juggling act! :laughing:

suzyblue
15-06-2010, 08:55 AM
If your mindee is going to school then they would be classed as a rising five and wouldnt be in your under fives catagory therefore not taking up a full time space?

blue bear
15-06-2010, 12:35 PM
I presume child is part time if you need to have them for four hours?

Depends if you want to tie up a full time place or just hope you get a tues- fri contract.

I would be tempted to do it on a weeks only notice period. so if a full timer came up you could take it.

AliceK
15-06-2010, 12:38 PM
I presume child is part time if you need to have them for four hours?

Depends if you want to tie up a full time place or just hope you get a tues- fri contract.

I would be tempted to do it on a weeks only notice period. so if a full timer came up you could take it.

I would so this too. I assume mindee will be in FT school come January then, so I would explain to mum that you will do it but if between Sept and Jan someone comes who needs the space you will have to give notice.

xxxx

newandlearning
15-06-2010, 01:40 PM
hi all.. thanks for your replies... I hate having to say to parents 'subject to one week's notice' however.. on 4 hours of care.. (even tho I've had him 2 years) I need to be thinking about looking after my business and think really saying this is subject to one week's notice is the best way of moving forward with this.

(still feel nervous saying this to mum as she wouldn't like that).:)

angeldelight
16-06-2010, 08:41 AM
hi all.. thanks for your replies... I hate having to say to parents 'subject to one week's notice' however.. on 4 hours of care.. (even tho I've had him 2 years) I need to be thinking about looking after my business and think really saying this is subject to one week's notice is the best way of moving forward with this.

(still feel nervous saying this to mum as she wouldn't like that).:)

Did you speak to mom now - how did it go ?

Angel xx

newandlearning
17-06-2010, 10:07 PM
no.. I've been to chicken to upset her.. I'm thinking of just going for a variation if I do take someone else on and end up over my numbers..x:o