PDA

View Full Version : A little thank you would be nice - update

pinklady
15-06-2010, 07:51 AM
It's my mindee's last day with me today and Mum has dropped off without a word except for telling me her lunch needs to go in the fridge. No thank you for minding her, nothing written in the diary absolutely nothing. Mum doesn't do pick up either so it's not like she'll see me later.

Oh well, looks like I've made the right decision there.....can't help feeling hurt right now though.

kindredspirits
15-06-2010, 08:08 AM
i'm used to that i've lost about 4 mindees without a word of thanks - one bought me a bunch of flowers which was nice and the others came in with a box of malteasers but none were particularly verbal with their thanks - which would have been nice.

moljak
15-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Such a shame.
Just remember chin up.You do a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

angeldelight
15-06-2010, 09:00 AM
You might still get a nice surprise later when someone picks up the child ?

I hope so anyway

Let us know

Angel xx

Blue Boy
15-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Sorry to hear that, however much you may like the LO sounds like you don't need the mum:angry:

singingcactus
15-06-2010, 09:58 AM
It's my mindee's last day with me today and Mum has dropped off without a word except for telling me her lunch needs to go in the fridge. No thank you for minding her, nothing written in the diary absolutely nothing. Mum doesn't do pick up either so it's not like she'll see me later.

Oh well, looks like I've made the right decision there.....can't help feeling hurt right now though.

One of my recent leavers pitched up on her last day. Mum fussed over the child so much the child cried, mum said what do you want to do and child said go home. So mum grabbed the child by the arms, stormed off home and 'unfriended' me on facebook and has never spoken to me since!!! We were actually friends too.
The other family who left (I am moving, they are not all just leaving lol) left without saying anything too, but then later on that evening the biggest bunch of flowers I have ever seen arrived from them all :). They still chat on facebook too.
Some families are just not worth giving a scond thought too, others that replace them are much better :)

pinklady
15-06-2010, 10:01 AM
One of my recent leavers pitched up on her last day. Mum fussed over the child so much the child cried, mum said what do you want to do and child said go home. So mum grabbed the child by the arms, stormed off home and 'unfriended' me on facebook and has never spoken to me since!!! We were actually friends too.
The other family who left (I am moving, they are not all just leaving lol) left without saying anything too, but then later on that evening the biggest bunch of flowers I have ever seen arrived from them all :). They still chat on facebook too.
Some families are just not worth giving a scond thought too, others that replace them are much better :)

I have known this lo's parents for about 6 years and lo is my god daughter so it makes it even worse. I certainly wasn't expecting a gift as they've never given either of my children so much as a birthday card.

Cazz
15-06-2010, 11:47 AM
I had the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

My 2 little ones left (first ever mindees) as Mum has finished work and she dropped off as normal - I assumed she would be collecting as usual but Dad came and collected. Not a word of thanks - it was just like a normal week. The only thing he did say was "can I pay you for today on Friday when I get paid" :rolleyes: despite me asking the week before if they could settle in full that day (normally paid one week in arrears).

I found out later on facebook that mum had gone to get her nails done! She then seemed to delete me from facebook but then put me back on (although I'm not sure if she's blocking me from seeing her posts but obviously wants to see mine :laughing: ). Having said that, last night I sent her a message about the learning journeys almost being ready and she came on a chat for about an hour! Probably spoke to her more last night than I ever did in 7 months (very quiet parents).

I didn't expect a gift either when the lo's finished as I didn't get so much as a christmas card from them but a thank you or something would have been nice!

I know I did my best for the lo's and they loved coming here so I'm happy with myself even if they're not/can't be bothered to say!!

pinklady
15-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Dad has just picked up and he didn't say a word either. I'm a bit upset to say the least. :(

jumpinjen
15-06-2010, 04:28 PM
try not to take it too much to heart.... some families just don't say thankyou much for anything.... very close friends of ours never get their daughters now 12 and 14 to say or wriet thankyous for birthday and christmas presents, I have to chase to check that they arrived safely... it irks me very time but it's just the way they are..... maybe they are a bit like that!!

jenni

angeldelight
15-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Dad has just picked up and he didn't say a word either. I'm a bit upset to say the least. :(

Oh poor you

Hope you are ok

Some parents are soooo mean - I had the same last year when one of mine left and I was more than miffed to say the least

Its upsetting I know

You know you are great though so dont let these rude parents get to you - they are not worth it

Sending you hugs

Angel xx

Mollymop
15-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Some people are just so thoughtless. I know I would send a thank you card and gift to you if you were my childminder.

I have had some surprises in my few years of minding when it comes to leavers
- first ever mindee was only with me for 4 months when they left to emigrate to Canada - mum made a card, as did mindee and I was presented with jewellery too!

- 2nd lots of mindees, sibling - only with me for the summer hols and was presented with a bottle of wine and chocs.

- Mindee T, had him for 18 months before school and received nowt, not even a proper goodbye as they moved away without telling me:(

Mindee E, extra special needs, had her for 12 months and did everything for the parents, and not even a reference let alone a thank you card or anything

and others - nothing

I have a leaver in 3 weeks time and I won't get anything from Mum either, even though we get on well and I have had mindee for 2 years she won't - she is not the sort, never gets me a card a b-days or xmas, nothing.

Some people are just users, it is hard to say that, but they are. All they care about is going to work and someone to look after their little one and that is it, not all the extras we do and they love we give them ALL

So I have decided not to buy for the leavers anymore

Ripeberry
15-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Sorry they have been so mean. I must have been a great parent when my youngest left our CM. She only went once a week for 6hrs at a time!
I gave my CM, a framed photo of the kids and a case of 6 bottles of wine :D
Had a lovely card made by the girls as a thank you as well :)

Bananabrain
15-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Last week I received a thankyou card {bought mindee a pressie as mum and dad were getting married}.
This is the first thankyou card in 3 yrs of minding.
I am soooo chuffed, told my hubby I'm going to frame it!
You are absolutely right: A little thankyou is nice!
I just don't get why people are so self-absorbed.
I don't want copious gifts or parents falling at my feet! Just a word of acknowledgement sometimes.
Sending hugs.

TheBTeam
15-06-2010, 05:31 PM
I have had recently a bonsai tree (which significantly was the same age as the child that left) and a box of chocolates too. From the rest barely a goodbye as they text on the last day to say not coming, she would collect from school so didnt even see them!

I have had a real mix, i dont mind getting the presents, but too be honest I find the whole finishing bit a bit awkward, so I am all for the slip away quietly bit!

sweets
15-06-2010, 05:35 PM
miserable so and so's!

i would be tempted to send them a card thanking them for letting you share in the care for their child and how super the child has been over the last x years.

may just shame them into a thankyou for you!

Bushpig
15-06-2010, 05:39 PM
I've had 2 kids leave today actually... one is going to Italy for the summer and then onto nursery school (I don't do school runs)... and the other is moving... I got a handbag and much thanks from the one parent, and a thank you card and a lovely gerbia flower from the other :thumbsup:

People are people... some are thoughtful and some are thoughtless. I prefer to think I'll get no thanks at all.. and it's a lovely surprise if I do get one (and a handbag/flowers! :D ).

The Juggler
15-06-2010, 06:07 PM
sending a hug hon. some people are just like that hon. nothing you can do will change them. Some people just don't say thanks:(

Rubybubbles
15-06-2010, 06:32 PM
:( its so sad, just a thank you would be nice!

I move alot due to hubby's job, and have had ranging from nothing to £100 in vouchers for dotty p's:jump for joy:

I always do a photo album and my own children make something, as after all they have just as much time with them all as me!

The best gift I got was a scrap book of photos and drawing made by a 3 yr old when I left Lincoln, I was a mess it was lovely:o and a bath bomb which he had wrapped in comic paper:laughing:

Blue Boy
15-06-2010, 06:49 PM
so sorry:angry: :angry: Hope you are ok.

karen m
15-06-2010, 08:29 PM
mindees who have given notice have always given me loverly leaving presents,had a few who have not paid then left ,so not even a thanks,each family has always given me flowers and choccies at christmas ,

pinklady
16-06-2010, 09:18 PM
I guess you can't change some people. I can only carry on doing my job to the best of my ability.

It's great to have support from all of you :thumbsup:

jo f
16-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Sending u a big hug hon I know how I'd feel! Thankyous cost nowt. Childminders put so much love, thought and energy into each child....and ****** time!!!! xxxx

Tups
16-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Its not often you get a thank you, , my lo was 10 when she left, been with me since she was 2 month old all I got was good bye :angry: