PDA

View Full Version : fathers day what are yours doing??

emmadines
15-06-2010, 06:52 AM
as my mindees have already made some cards for their dad I thought it would be nice to make one of these http://crafts.kaboose.com/trophy-for-dad.html for him, Ive got loads of masking tape, Ive got plastic disposable cups which Im sure will still work in place of poly ones....

I was wondering what your mindees are making???

emmadines
15-06-2010, 07:57 AM
no one doing fathers day this year???

moljak
15-06-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm minding an 8mth old.Think we will make a handprint card for dad.Bit limited really.

Rubybubbles
15-06-2010, 10:29 AM
lol Yes I am doing fathers day!

older mindies have been given raw materials and created their own thing! Ranging from pop up card to a spilt pin man! The2yr old made a lovely butterfly painting picture (we have been doing bugs, hungry caterpiller for june :) ) and then a card which he used foam cut outs to stick.

Younger one (14 months) hand prints on card with his own mark making:D with a lovely photo of him doing so;)

TBH I think all are fancy ideas don't help, the children may need a bit of guidance but their own creations are the best:thumbsup: (gosh I don't mean to sound funny lol, I just am really trying to stop adult led planning quite so much!)

auntym
15-06-2010, 10:35 AM
I will be doing cards for certain with different materials, they enjoy doing that. I usually do gifts for dads to but not sure what to make this year, a beaded keyring maybe with dad on x

gigglinggoblin
15-06-2010, 11:41 AM
I will be doin footprint card with 14month old mindee as I am a bit scared of doing handprints! Was going to plant basil or coriander seeds and decorate the pot with 3yo but he isnt here to do it.

carolinel
15-06-2010, 11:44 AM
we made cards and as little one is only 2 i got her to "draw" a picture on a piece of a4 which i'd printed off with a nice border and the following poem

here's a picture I drew for you
i cannot write so it will have to do
if i could, i would like it so say
have a happy fathers day

then i shall laminate it.

pinky33
15-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Ours will be making cards, just general mark making and a pic of them doing it.
We are also going to make casts of hands or feet as we have 4 babies so thought this would be nice.

emmadines
15-06-2010, 12:38 PM
oo forgot to ad my mindees are 8 years old (they chose to do this i just googled fathers day crafts)

avril
15-06-2010, 01:02 PM
I was going to buy plant pots for the children to decorate and plant a plant in but the group i go to on a Friday is now doing this :rolleyes:
After a quick re think I bought some picture frames which have a wide border and I also got some gem stones etc.. for them to glue on with a lovely picture of them inside.
The card will be handprints with the wording inside to ..... Happy Fathers Day to a hands on Dad!!

Voila!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

kindredspirits
15-06-2010, 02:53 PM
i bought some cardboard photo frames in hobbycraft for £1.65 each and today they have painted them - i will stick a photo of each mindee in their own and have got some cheap 'Dad' stickers to go on the cards.

singlewiththree
15-06-2010, 03:03 PM
We are making origami boxes and putting home made peppermint creams in them, they are also making a card. The younger ones I've just made the boxes and they are decorating them.

hollyoaksmad
15-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Just doing cards.
with 6 month old I have done hand print and foot , But he did this for his brothers bday card to its hard. he will just chew crayons so no good really

3 year old done painting

5 year old is here for 20 min I have to feed, change him for tennis and get him scribbling on card very hard.

I am putting pictures ov them all in each card

SYLVIA
15-06-2010, 08:41 PM
we are making trophies too emmadines! I got 3,4 and 5 year olds making them. They have turned out quite good. We are filling to top cup with sweets to share with daddy. Younger ones have made handprint plates that we have turned into rosettes with tissue and ribbon.

emmaflossie
16-06-2010, 02:37 PM
we are doing football photo frames out of foam :)

patevans
16-06-2010, 06:28 PM
We have done cards, decorated handkerchiefs (sp) and making the trophies tomorrow :D

loocyloo
16-06-2010, 08:17 PM
they've all done whatever they wanted on their cards! an assortment of drawing/painting/sticking

i got some little canvases, the older ones have done pictures, the LO have splodged paint on them ( i love these - they look very 'modern' ) and the babes have done hand prints.

i like the children to do as much as they can themselves, using their own ideas! :clapping: :clapping:

Spangles
16-06-2010, 08:22 PM
we made cards and as little one is only 2 i got her to "draw" a picture on a piece of a4 which i'd printed off with a nice border and the following poem

here's a picture I drew for you
i cannot write so it will have to do
if i could, i would like it so say
have a happy fathers day

then i shall laminate it.

I loooooove that! So cute!

miffy
16-06-2010, 08:30 PM
We've made shrinkles key rings.

Love the trophy though - might save that for next year

Miffy xx

sweets
16-06-2010, 08:34 PM
for the children at toddlers tommorrow ive made them all a heart shape out of card (fitted four on a4) then put a print out of a little poem on the back, put some string on and am just going to let them decorate the front how they like. the poem says

to daddy
hang this up at work or in the car
then you can think of me
wherever you are

love from

xxxxx

little_gems
16-06-2010, 08:38 PM
i am a bad childminder if i dont make fathers day cards????:blush:
all my current children bar 1 come from a broken home and very rearly see thier dad's. so i just thought that i shouldnt do it????

sweets
16-06-2010, 08:55 PM
all my current children bar 1 come from a broken home and very rearly see thier dad's. so i just thought that i shouldnt do it????

not at all!

i actually dont make mothers day cards or fathers day cards as i think its nice for the parents to do that, if i was a parent i would actually be a bit disapointed if my child made one elsewhere as i would want to do it with them myself. i do do a related craft with them tho but will not do cards.

emmaflossie
17-06-2010, 04:50 PM

my son has a problem at fathers day he has decided not to see hes dad (he is 5) and i am doing a frame for the kids to give to their dads (or whoever they choose) it has a pic of the child and its in the shape of a football .... but my son is struggling with who to give hes too so i can totally understand why you have chose not to