PDA

View Full Version : Vetting and barring scheme

sarah707
15-06-2010, 06:48 AM
... has been put on hold with a view to scaling it back.

It affects everyone who works with children and I know there were a lot of complaints about it...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/10314055.stm

:D

huggableshelly
15-06-2010, 07:02 AM
wow so common sense is going to be allowed to be used!

I have many mixed feelings about this so gonna wonder off now and have a cuppa.

Carol M
15-06-2010, 07:06 AM
I heard the news too. My daughters new college have asked for the £64 as she will be doing a health studies course.
Looks like I will be £64 better off now. Seriously tho, something has got to be changed as the CRB is only as good as the day it was done.
Carol x

rickysmiths
15-06-2010, 07:25 AM
I am so glad common sense has come to the fore over this. It was in danger of becoming so complicated.

As I see it it is very simple. When you complete a CRB form it has a Bar Code on it. This is unique to the form so should become your Unique Reference Number. When your application is approved you should be issued with a Credit Card with this refererence on it and the date of your first clearence.

Every time you need to be checked by different organizations they take the card and they swipe or enter the Bar Code into the system to initiate a fresh check.

No need to fill out numerous CRBs or have the complicated Vetting and Barring System.

Also I don't think people would mind if there was a charge for this and then maybe a small update fee that could be absorbed by the organization requiring the update.

Playmate
15-06-2010, 07:55 AM
I am so glad common sense has come to the fore over this. It was in danger of becoming so complicated.

As I see it it is very simple. When you complete a CRB form it has a Bar Code on it. This is unique to the form so should become your Unique Reference Number. When your application is approved you should be issued with a Credit Card with this refererence on it and the date of your first clearence.

Every time you need to be checked by different organizations they take the card and they swipe or enter the Bar Code into the system to initiate a fresh check.

No need to fill out numerous CRBs or have the complicated Vetting and Barring System.

Also I don't think people would mind if there was a charge for this and then maybe a small update fee that could be absorbed by the organization requiring the update.

My be you should be contacting the government to patent your idea, sounds good in principle, maybe they just haven't thought of something quite so simple :D

moljak
15-06-2010, 09:21 AM
My be you should be contacting the government to patent your idea, sounds good in principle, maybe they just haven't thought of something quite so simple :D

I agree also.go get it patented!!!!

AliceK
15-06-2010, 09:22 AM

I agree as well. What a simple but effective idea :thumbsup:

xxxxx

Tired
15-06-2010, 11:42 AM
the vetting and barring scheme is a "live" database. It is constantly updated and anyone wishing to employ you can refer to it for up to date information. (with your permission, you would have to give them your reference number)

The CRB, as we know, is only correct on the day it s done. It has to be re-done for each job/voluntary post you take. This means so much repeated work.

I say keep the VBS (but for a smaller number of people, bot everyone) and scrap the CRB system.

Bitsy Beans
15-06-2010, 04:58 PM
I never understood why CRB's weren't like passports in the sense that they relate to the person and not the setting.
Glad to see V&B scheme is to be scrapped with something more sensible in place <crosses fingers in hope>

Trouble
15-06-2010, 05:46 PM
unless someone pinches your car:rolleyes: