PDA

View Full Version : How many over 8's........

nikkia77
14-06-2010, 04:47 PM
......would you think i'm allowed to have at any one time.

My certificate says I'm allowed 4 under 8's as I have 2 children of my own but there's no mention of over 8's
I phoned ofsted who said as many as liked as long as it didn't affect the care of the younger ones so I phoned ncma as i have their insurance & I think she said 6 but she twisted & turned what she said so many times that I ended up very confused & despite her saying it's on the website I couldn't find it, does 6 sound about right to you?

Twinklestars
14-06-2010, 04:50 PM
i'm insured by NCMA and was reading the policy notes the other day and i'm sure it said 6

miffy
14-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I have NCMA insurance and my understanding is it covers me for 12 children in total.

In light of recent threads about what's been printed on NCMA's website and what is legally correct I wouldn't take that as gospel. If you are thinking of working up to those numbers then I'd ask NCMA for written confirmation of the number of children who are covered by insurance.

Miffy xx

miffy
14-06-2010, 04:56 PM
OK so just checked my policy notes for you, it says

"The maximum number of children covered under the policy in the case of the Over-7's Childminder should not exceed six children aged 8 to 15 years."

HTH's

Miffy xx

Monkey26
15-06-2010, 06:28 AM
I have always believed it to be 12 children in total - i am insured by NCMA as well xx

Daftbat
15-06-2010, 06:47 AM
If you are insured by MM its only 10 children in total

huggableshelly
15-06-2010, 06:51 AM
I also understand that it is a maximum of 12 with the NCMA, I hope that is right as last summer I had 11 each day this summer I have 12 each day and like others have said ... Ofsted stated that providing the over 8's have no impact on the under 8's there is no set limit providing I can handle them all in a safe and secure manner.

huggableshelly
15-06-2010, 06:56 AM
(1) Registered Childminder
The policy provides inclusive cover for
Registered Childminders who may care for
children over 7 years of age as well as
children under 8. The number of children
covered under the policy in the care of the
Registered Childminder is the number of
under-8s the Registered Childminder is
registered to care for (please refer to your
registration certificate for number and ages).
In addition, cover is provided for children
from 8 to 15 years of age. The maximum
number of children the policy will cover
is 12. If two Registered Childminders work
together, the maximum number must not
exceed 18 in total.

Information taken from the Insurance Summary found here
http://www.*************/pdf/insurance_summary_v2.pdf