PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance - Like for Like

AliceK
14-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Hi

My car insurance is up for renewal next month. Ive just had a call from my current insurers to give me a new quote and when I asked him if the policy would guarantee me a "like for like" car should I ever need one he just said that they would do their best. I know from personal experience in the past that this HASN'T happened. Does anyone know of an insurance company that guarantees this? Obviously I would need to be guaranteed a 7 seater.

xxxxx

Millenium
14-06-2010, 04:06 PM
I think you will find that the insurance companies stance in saying that "they will do their best" is in fact based on the fact that a 7-seater might not be available from the rental company/companies they use.

I know that trying to hire a 7-seater here in the Brighton area over the recent Bank Holiday weekend was impossible - we couldn't get one within a 30 mile radius (we tried as far north as Gatwick but no luck).

So probably the insurance company are just covering themselves.....

AliceK
14-06-2010, 04:10 PM
I think you will find that the insurance companies stance in saying that "they will do their best" is in fact based on the fact that a 7-seater might not be available from the rental company/companies they use.

I know that trying to hire a 7-seater here in the Brighton area over the recent Bank Holiday weekend was impossible - we couldn't get one within a 30 mile radius (we tried as far north as Gatwick but no luck).

So probably the insurance company are just covering themselves.....

hmmm I can see what you are saying but surely there must be an insurance company who will guarantee this. Hopefully I won't ever need it but if I do and I end up with a 3 door hatchback (like the last time, they gave me a Daewoo Matiz :angry: ) then I'm gonna be stuffed with 6 kids to transport. Wonder if we're allowed to strap them into a trailer or squash them into a roof rack :laughing:

xxxxx

AliceK
15-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Result!!!!!

I just called MM for a quote, not only is their quote cheaper than my current insurer and includes protected NCB (which my other quote doesn't) but they do a policy which guarantees me a replacement 7 seater car for upto 21 days if I need it. This is all included in the quote she gave me.
Really impressed and am going to go ahead with it :thumbsup:

xxxxxx

estrelas
15-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Result!!!!!

I just called MM for a quote, not only is their quote cheaper than my current insurer and includes protected NCB (which my other quote doesn't) but they do a policy which guarantees me a replacement 7 seater car for upto 21 days if I need it. This is all included in the quote she gave me.
Really impressed and am going to go ahead with it :thumbsup:

xxxxxx

I've also had a good quote from them :thumbsup: