PDA

View Full Version : Rules on looking after children.

welshcake
14-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi

I am not even registered yet, have Ofsted coming out end of this week.
the issue is my son goes to a minder atm whilst i work, my other two sons go to school. My eldest sons teacher uses the same child minder and i told her i have Ofsted coming out so she asked if i would have her son next week when our childminder is on holiday. now i dont have a problem with this as its all experience.

I wont be paid and its a one off for the day.

Am i allowed to do this. ?

what should i say to our childminder who is on holiday ?
(dont wish to upset her as both childminder & teaher i have known for a while)

she may even change her mind and find alternative care.

What do u all suggest should do and say to both. ?
:eek:

merry
14-06-2010, 04:44 PM
You could have him as a friend, if there's no money being paid and it's only a one off for the day, before I registered me and my friends would often have each other's children for the occasional day. I probably wouldn't say anything to your childminder unless she asks, it's between you and the other parent really, makes no difference to her.

:)

Twinklestars
14-06-2010, 04:53 PM
as long as you're doing it as a favour it will be fine, none of the childminders business but you know what kids are like, she's likely to find out, maybe she will be a bit upset if she knows you're also registering?

welshcake
14-06-2010, 04:56 PM
The childminder is due to be my mentor and has helped loads.

She is off for two weeks so we r left to find alternate care.

Would you suggest i text the childminder just to let her know what the teacher has asked to keep her informed. x

TheBTeam
14-06-2010, 05:34 PM
I would do it as just a playmate that you son has to play.

The Juggler
14-06-2010, 05:42 PM
I agree, do it as a favour. Sure your minder won't be upset if she knows you are not even charging for it:thumbsup:

hello kitty
14-06-2010, 06:10 PM
I would be up front and tell her so she knows there is nothing underhand going on. :)

Twinklestars
14-06-2010, 06:43 PM
think i would just mention it in chatting just in case so she knows its as a favour :thumbsup:

clio0602
14-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I'd just mention it too. Can't see there being a problem as its only a one off and if your LO's are friends anyway she'll understand x