PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Visit

LilyBelles
14-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Hi, i hope someone can help?

I'm soooooo confused i sent my ofsted forms/medical forms off on 4/6/10 and then got a call from ofsted to say that they had received my forms and were filled in fine.
On Tuesday 8/6/10, i then received my CRB forms and a call from a lady from Ofsted to say that she wants to come and see me on Tuesday 15/6/10 at 9.30 she asked weather i had done my 1st aid YES if i had EYFS NO OUT OF STOCK she was fine with that she asked about CRB i said i had only just received the forms but will be posting them asap she said that's fine.

I'm sooooo confused Why is she coming out to see me?, is this my Inspection to say weather i will be registered or not? Do i need to have anything ready for when she arrives?

Please Help im so confused

candy cat
14-06-2010, 01:22 PM
chill this is your pre reg....to check your house for stairgates,locks on cupboards ,risk assessments etc.

Have you got policies and procedures done yet??

She will advise you on things you unsure of .
cx

AliceK
14-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Don't worry it's only your pre-reg visit. It will all be very friendly. She will want to look around your house and will ask you about keeping children safe and generally will be there to give you advice on anything she thinks will need to be done. If you've done your P&P's and RA's then show her them too.

xxxxxx

LilyBelles
14-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Thank you so much for your help.

i have done alot of my paperwork i have risk assessments and policys typed and printed in my parent pack, also printed my permision forms and a copy of my contract :)

i haven't yet got my stairgate to go across my kitchen archway (as its a large gap) or my cupboard lock for under sink ! ! ! ! will i be ok to explain i know i need to get these?

I'm half excited half worried plus i got a 7 month lil girl that so i'm praying she will be in a good mood tomorow lol

miffy
14-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Good luck tomorrow - don't worry, the inspector is there to help you and point you in the right direction this time, you aren't expected to have everything in place.

Hope it goes well, let us know how you get on

Miffy xx

candy cat
14-06-2010, 07:29 PM
yep stairgate won't matter...maybe do a list of things you have to do at least mrs o will see you are going to sort them. good luck cx

LilyBelles
14-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks all for help

i will let you know how it goes! ! !

Have plenty of tea lol ! ! ! ! :) :clapping: :)

Milli147
14-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Plus, don't worry about your little ones behaviour - my pre reg was at half term so I had my two around and they were constantly asking for things - I even had to go out and move the rabbits runs at one point so my son could get to his basketball hoop, and my daughter answered for me when Mrs O asked what sort of family meals I prepare! :rolleyes: I just decided that I am taking on a role caring for children and the children come first - what better example??

LilyBelles
15-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Well Mrs O has been and it went really well.

She has allowed me to have 2 Early years and 1 5 years and over which is pretty much what i wanted.

I am so glad she was nice and now all i have to do is wait for CRB to come back and then i am a fully pledged Childminder Cant wait to have mindees and get started :)

CHUNKY MONKEY
16-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Well done :)

Emz
20-06-2010, 10:21 PM
well done x :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

miffy
21-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Well done! Pleased it went well for you!

Miffy xx