PDA

View Full Version : plz help

hollyoaksmad
14-06-2010, 09:53 AM
I look after a 9 month old on fridays there are no other children yet! what activities could i do. its a long day 8-6pm so i need to really think has anyone got any ideas?

also do you all have set routines everyday? do u set ur settings out like schools eg like have story time at certain times etc

thanxxx

Carol M
14-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Just play! Adult and child led.
I have a basic daily routine that is as flexible as it can be, obviously tied to times for school runs etc but everything else can fit round the children and we can be as spontainious(sp?) as we like.
Carol x

Daftbat
14-06-2010, 10:58 AM
You can't be too sturctured at that age - i am sure that by the time you have done nappy changes, sleep. meals and played that there isn't much time for anything else. Just go with the flow.

Toothfairy
14-06-2010, 11:00 AM
* Sensory/Treasure baskets
* Mark making with yoghurt in the highchair
*Singing nursery rhymes and use finger puppets.
*Plastic bowls and wooden spoons, great for banging.
*Indoor ball pit (small blow up paddling pool from the £ shop filled with lots of plastic balls)

I'll come back if I think of anything else :thumbsup:

The Juggler
14-06-2010, 01:22 PM
i would make part of the day an outing, to feed teh ducks or similar and then just play, some good resources mentioned alreadyx

grindal
14-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Definately get out the house. Go to the park. Little one can sit on the swings then you can both go for a walk! I love being at the park with little ones so you can actually walk at a decent grown up pace! I spend so much of my life walking at toddler speed :rolleyes:

funemnx
14-06-2010, 03:38 PM
A Toddler Group? Social for you and baby plus you might meet mums thinking of going back to work :thumbsup:

Blue Boy
14-06-2010, 03:52 PM
As others have said just play and don't be too regimented. Go at the littles pace. If there are any groups near you you could attend them to help them get more interaction with others.