PDA

View Full Version : Anybody doing anything special this week for National Childminding week?

Playmate
14-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Just wondering if anyone is celebrating this week and how? Our local LA/ NCMA normally put on event but I think budgets are tight, so nothing this year :( shame as the theme this year is music we could have had a big sing song :D

hectors house
14-06-2010, 08:14 AM
How about contacting other childminders and arranging a picnic in a local park - you could include a singing session.

Our childminding group only meets once a fortnight and it doesn't work right for childminding week - so trying to arrange a music session with instruments, singing and stories for the week after.

Hope people turn up as numbers have been dropping recently (mostly due to childminders giving up and no new childminders training or registering in our area - good for vacancy lists - plenty of work but we are losing our support network and good friends).

Enjoy childminding week everyone whatever you do!

PixiePetal
14-06-2010, 08:15 AM
my local group are coming to my house - well garden actually :D

We are doing lots of music activities - just need DH to lay on outside power for the CD player.

Making cakes later for us all :thumbsup:

sarah707
14-06-2010, 08:17 AM
I have updated my songs and rhymes e-book.

I have also planned lots of songs and rhymes activities with the little ones.

Only thing is we are doing it next week because this week we have a farm visit planned and we are going to think about farms and animals :rolleyes: :D

Playmate
14-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I have updated my songs and rhymes e-book.

I have also planned lots of songs and rhymes activities with the little ones.

Only thing is we are doing it next week because this week we have a farm visit planned and we are going to think about farms and animals :rolleyes: :D

well you can sing Old McDonald as you are walking round the farm :D

Just had an impromptu singing session in the garden :D Have our monthly group tomorrow run by local CC and NCMA CDO, so maybe there will be something fun arranged there.

Roseolivia
14-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Just wondering if anyone is celebrating this week and how? Our local LA/ NCMA normally put on event but I think budgets are tight, so nothing this year :( shame as the theme this year is music we could have had a big sing song :D

Same here, nothing happening

TammyN
14-06-2010, 11:31 AM
im really pleased this year as i have organised for Jo Jingles to come and run a session for us at our local children's centre, funded by childrens center and the local paper is coming along to plug our group, we are only small and are trying to build it up so im really excited :clapping:

i know the children will have a great time.

beccas
14-06-2010, 12:13 PM
i have arranged for my network a musical fun day with the local mp in a local park... if you live near wath upon dearne you welcome lol.... its in strafmore park near sandygate hotel/pub...

christine e
14-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Nottingham & County Childminding Assoc (of which i am Chair) have organised an event at Rufford Country Park, lots of music activities and workshops but lots of other things too. Got 145 childminders booked in and they will all get a goody bag!

Christine:jump for joy:

wellybelly
14-06-2010, 12:46 PM
At our network today we focused on playing multicultural musical instruments (everyone brought some in so there were loads to choose from) and we made shimmy shakers out of empty drinks bottles, split peas, lentils and rice. The kids loved shaking them around at the end of the session.

wellybelly
14-06-2010, 12:46 PM
Nottingham & County Childminding Assoc (of which i am Chair) have organised an event at Rufford Country Park, lots of music activities and workshops but lots of other things too. Got 145 childminders booked in and they will all get a goody bag!

Christine:jump for joy:

Oh I'm coming to that tomorrow!

Zoomie
14-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Ours has a day booked at a local children's farm :D . Going tomorrow :clapping:

Not sure what they have done in previous years as I only started this time last year and probably missed the whole sheebang.

The Juggler
14-06-2010, 01:11 PM
we;ve been downloading and watching videos of south african music. One of my mindees is from there and what with the world cup and all, I think we'll be continuing with that as teh kids love the music - it's really sunny happy music so we turn up loud, get the instruments and shake ourselves silly.:)

Toothfairy
14-06-2010, 01:27 PM
We have been collecting Pringle Pots to make Music Shakers out of. :D

The Juggler
14-06-2010, 01:38 PM
what a good excuse to eat lots of Pringles:laughing: :laughing:

christine e
14-06-2010, 03:01 PM

pm me your real name so that I can look out for you

Cx

mama2three
14-06-2010, 03:51 PM

you need a wellybelly badge so i know who you are!!

TheBTeam
14-06-2010, 04:19 PM
At our network today we focused on playing multicultural musical instruments (everyone brought some in so there were loads to choose from) and we made shimmy shakers out of empty drinks bottles, split peas, lentils and rice. The kids loved shaking them around at the end of the session.

Our childminding group are doing this on Thursday.

miffy
14-06-2010, 05:11 PM
We're making musical instruments tomorrow.

Have been listening to different sorts of music today and singing/ dancing along :D

Miffy xx

christine e
14-06-2010, 06:48 PM
We're making musical instruments tomorrow.

Have been listening to different sorts of music today and singing/ dancing along :D

Miffy xx

You mean you are not coming to Extravaganza!:(

Cx

Monkey26
14-06-2010, 06:53 PM
I have organised a get together on Wednesday morning and we are going to be making junk model musical instruments, lots of music playing, general playing and finished with a picnic. Anyone in the East Devon area who wants to join us PM me! xx