PDA

View Full Version : What is the process to becoming accredited?

Toothfairy
13-06-2010, 02:41 PM
I would like to become an accredited CM.
I have been trying to look up how to go about this and found all the information very basic.

I understand you need to become a Network CM and then work towards becoming accrdited.

Please could someone explain in more detail the process of becoming both a Network CM and an Accredited CM, who to contact, what's involved & how long each process takes etc.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

TammyN
13-06-2010, 03:26 PM
have you got a cm coordinator, if so they are the one's to contact, mine is through Early Years Team!
check that there's a network near you and then it goes from there, we haven't got a network so are in the process of starting one up.
it's not a quick fix tho, to become accredited takes 12 months, so ive been told!

Pipsqueak
13-06-2010, 03:38 PM
just going through it right now - actually started the paperwork today!

gigglinggoblin
13-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I have a load of forms to fill in to say about how I would deliver early years education and stuff similar to SEF, I have to join network (in process), have a level 3 qualification (hoping mine is relevant) and have good or better for last ofsted. Then I have to see network coordinator again and not sure after that but I only met to talk about it last week and she thinks I can be done by September (but that might be cos they are a bit desperate round here and trying to rush things through)

Toothfairy
13-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Yes, I have the phone number of the Network Coordinator for my area, I am going to give her a call tomorrow.

I just wanted to know from CM's who have already done it/doing it what the process is.
I know it takes around 12m, I'm not in any rush, I just feel its the 'next step' for me.

All the info I found from the NCMA was very basic, I wanted to know from someone who had done it, what they had to do to get it.

TammyN
13-06-2010, 04:44 PM
from what i can gather the paperwork can be shared by you and what the coordinator observes on her visits :clapping: i wasn't keen on the paperwork as im just about to start year 3 of my Foundation Degree in Early Years, so don't need anymore!
Gigglinggobblin where are you from?

TheBTeam
13-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Think there are slight variations in each area, cos it depends on what you call a 'network'. In our area we have to be working towards/achieved our county quality standard, attend our local childrens centre evening meetings, and be ofsted good or better.

I have just completed the audit required to renew my quality standard as mine ran out in Nov09 and only just decided to go for accreditation, this gets reviewed by a panel and then they come out and do the FCCERS thing, then once this is done I can start the accreditation process.

Tink
13-06-2010, 06:11 PM
I'm an accredited Childminder. Here you have to have a Good Ofsted grading and have an NVQ level3. I had both.
My network co-ordinator came out to see me and went through all the information. I then had to fill out a small form about how I would meet the EYFS for the 3-4 year olds really easy.
She then came a second time to observe me doing an activity with the children and then she decided that I had passed the observation and my form was very detailed and my certificate arrived a few weeks later.

Trouble
13-06-2010, 06:13 PM
i was doing this now ive stopped as the rate to deliever it is so low its not worth the effort

the extra training i enjoyed:D

Carol M
13-06-2010, 06:39 PM
First I had to be on network, that took a while with assessments etc . I already had a relevant level 3 so I started the accreditation process. It did involve a fair bit of paperwork and more assessments but got there eventually.
The rate paid is just a bit more than my hrly rate so for anyone charging more than this it is not such a good idea. I did the accreditation for CPD and to give parents more choice as to where they take up the nursery education. That said, I still haven't been asked to provide them!
Hey Ho !
Carol x

Toothfairy
14-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies.

I am going to ring my Network Co-ordinator this afternoon and get the ball rolling.

Wish me luck :thumbsup:

manjay
14-06-2010, 03:21 PM
For me too it is all about CPD and having access to more training. Doubt I will ever deliver it but I am very nosey and I like to know as much as I can;)