PDA

View Full Version : That old Chestnut ....

Carpet Monkeys
13-06-2010, 12:34 PM
I like you but .....

I'm getting the same response over and over again from potential parents I contact via Childcare.co.uk ... what am I doing wrong? I'm just not having any luck at all right now :(

The Juggler
13-06-2010, 01:35 PM
probably nothing hon. Is there lots of work in your area at the moment or are things slow generally.

Find any unique selling points you have and big them up in your profile and when you have visits.:)

Helen Dempster
14-06-2010, 08:56 AM
at least they respond to you!! I've contacted a few parents who've viewed my profile and don't hear back from them at all - I'm always very nice to them too!!! Oh well....

Don't be disheartened, you'll get the perfect parent/child soon I'm sure :)

sarah707
14-06-2010, 05:10 PM
It's highly unlikely to be something you are doing or saying!

Parents look at lots of different people and settings... I know a lot who look and then find a relative available to help them out.

It's the luck of the draw unfortunately.

Don't be disheartened xx

Richard
14-06-2010, 06:19 PM
When I look at the messages that childcare providers send and the responses they receive via our website, the well written professional introduction messages always get the best response.

If you give a professional impression from the outset then you are more likely to a get a positive response. It is amazing how many introduction messages I see that some childminders send that are full of grammatical and spelling errors.

Parents have a choice when choosing childcare so you need to do everything you can do stand out from your competitors and even small things can change the way a parent might feel about you. So before hitting the send button, make sure you read your message thoroughly and think how you would feel as a parent looking for childcare if you received the same message from a childminder.

Mouse
14-06-2010, 06:39 PM
When I look at the messages that childcare providers send and the responses they receive via our website, the well written professional introduction messages always get the best response.

If you give a professional impression from the outset then you are more likely to a get a positive response. It is amazing how many introduction messages I see that some childminders send that are full of grammatical and spelling errors.

Parents have a choice when choosing childcare so you need to do everything you can do stand out from your competitors and even small things can change the way a parent might feel about you. So before hitting the send button, make sure you read your message thoroughly and think how you would feel as a parent looking for childcare if you received the same message from a childminder.

Are you saying you read the private messages we send to parents & the ones they send to us :eek:

Richard
14-06-2010, 10:18 PM
No, we don't routinely read every message but for security and customer service reasons we sometimes have to look at them.