PDA

View Full Version : Sure Start centres

caz
13-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Has any of you been asked to hand out information packs advertising the local sure start centres to your parents. We've been asked to do this as it will provide evidence of partnership with other agencies.In return we can provide the centres with an A4 sheet about our service which will be placed in an information booklet.
Also they want our CRB numbers :eek: as part of their duty to protecting children.
I just feel that if I start handing out packs to my parents (potential and current) they might think im trying to offload them.
This is supposed to be my business but I keep getting told what to do, do you think im over re-acting.

sorry for the rant it just seems theres always somthing else I have to do.

love Caz

sarah707
13-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Our parents have to register with the SureStart centre but we've never been asked to give them packs or information.

I suppose parents will make a decision what to do with it.

I wouldn't like being told what to do like that either.

we are self employed and should be able to make our own decisions.

Can you speak to anyone? :D

caz
13-06-2010, 11:58 AM
The letter came from our coordinator, I didn't want to ring her at the weekend but am gonna ask if I can opt out, I bet this booklet of childminders dosn't come out every time they have potential parents.

Caz

Mookins
13-06-2010, 12:21 PM
if you dont want to then dont do it...what other business says yes to everyone who says can you advertise this for me for free!!!

although if they are willing to advertise you then it may be worth while I personally hate it when people EXPECT you to do something:mad:

like you say its your business not theirs x

youarewhatyoueat
13-06-2010, 12:26 PM
You could just put the booklets on a table so parents can choose to take them if they want, I do promote our local children centre and it's services as its really good but they won't advertise individual childminders so you're quite lucky they will.

TammyN
13-06-2010, 01:32 PM
i work with my local children's center lots, ive just been invited to be on their board too so i can represent Childminders in the area. this is my choice tho, it benefits me and my mindee's and therefore i do it, i wouldn't like being told i had to do it tho so check it out and see if it will benefit you.