PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - body/face

Pudding Girl
28-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Anything anyone has seen to do with the face and bodies would be greatly appreciated - for under 2s

Working up to doing my first proper topic eeek!!

katickles
28-03-2008, 02:43 PM
We did "Funny Faces" at a group the other week. You would have the paper with a head already drawn on. So basically a face shape no eyes, nose etc.

Draw & cut out all different shaped features. The children then pick out eyes, noses & lips & they glue these on. Hair was different coloured wool in different lengths again just stuck on with glue.

Hope this makes sence!! :)

Pudding Girl
28-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Yup I getcha lol

I bought a sticker book in Asda of blank faces with the face parts to be put on, but they are so damned ugly lol, I let them do them, but I had intended putting them on the wall, but the stickers are horrible lol!

This morning we made foam faces with googly eyes and pipe cleaner type stuff hair, they are drying out, went a bit mad with the glue :rolleyes:

Going to do some action songs like heads shoulders knees and toes..

Might draw around one of the twins on a wallpaper roll, and then w e can dress it lol

We have lots of handprints cut out, want to make them the border to our display with the title, Our Handiwork ( geddit??!)

Have thought about paperplate faces made from pasta etc

Might take a few photos of their body parts ( gosh that sounds bad!:eek: :laughing: ) like hands and feet etc

Apart from that, I'm flumping stumped :(

sarah707
28-03-2008, 04:34 PM
That sounds like plenty to me! Good planning! :D

Chell
28-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Do you have any Mr Potato Head toys, my daughter loves playing with these. We had a small set from Asda for £5 but also a big bucket from the Disney shop for £10.

Last week at Pre-school they sang a song about rain, in each verse the rain was dropping on a different part of their face/body. She isn't here so I can't get her to remind me of the words but someone else might know it.

Pudding Girl
28-03-2008, 05:17 PM
oooh a mr Potato head! well I haven't got one, BUT I do have potatoes - we could construct something with food! Thanks!

gemmcd
29-03-2008, 08:49 AM
This was my first childminding topic! Though mine was 'all about me' so we did whole bodies but focused alot on faces! One of the best activities I did was I cut pics of loads of kids faces from catalogues and the kids all stuck them on to a large piece of card - they loved this - under 2's just love sticking whatever even if some pics end up on the wrong side!(which I discreetly turned back round so we had a face and not a toy car or whatever was on the other side!) But as it was a collage it didn't matter which way up they were or if it overlapped other faces etc Then we stuck on photos of the kids themselves and they have to find themselves in the collage! It is still up on the wall as they love going over to try and find themselves!

Did alot of mirror play too! Went to library and got books out on faces - their were loads.

Face biscuits, paper plate faces, play dough people,fuzzy felt faces, I made own books out of photo albums and got their family's pictures in them - this is still a favourite to look at.

Got a wooden spoon puppet set from Wilkos and was suprised how with my help the under 2's managed this and loved the results.

Made a photo frame too - black card, fold in half, cut photo size out from one half so have a back on other half, large colourful foam shapes from wilkos again - stuck these round the frame - took photos of kids - outing to photo shop to get developed (mine were digital prints so ready in 5 mins) came home stuck photo in and then stuck down card - to close frame, discussing face features constantly! - parents loved this!!!!

Hope that helps! Did lots of hand/ feet prints too! If you want any photos to help explain anything let me know - I have some!

Gemma x

crazybones
29-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Every time I read this thread title I think Oh God I need help with my face and body too. :(

miffy
29-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Some things here including colouring pics

www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/miscellaneous/all_about_me.htm

scroll down the page

miffy xx

Twinkles
29-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Every time I read this thread title I think Oh God I need help with my face and body too. :(

You beat me to it....I was going to say the same thing !!

Pudding Girl
29-03-2008, 01:00 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you nutters!

Thanks for those ideas, I saw a Puppet spoon set in Au naturale this morning, and thought OOH! :idea: could do that cheaper myself with bits I have got ;)

Your idea about faces for sticking is inspired, although it must have taken ages to cut them all out!! But a good one to do, might sit down in front of telly this after and get massacreing my old catalogues lol