PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what car to buy!

snufflepuff
12-06-2010, 09:25 PM
We have spent all day looking for cars and i am stressed!
We have a renault scenic at the moment but need to get a 7 seater.
I would like it to have independent back seats, a decent sized boot and sliding doors. Id like to be able to remove the seats too.
At the moment we are thinking it will be a Citroen C8 or Peugoet 807 (basically the same car!) Does anyone have either of these? Would you recommend them? Or, more importantly, are there any bad points about them?!
I have never had a citroen but have had 3 peugeots with no major complaints.

miss mopple
12-06-2010, 09:43 PM
I have a previa and it ticks all those boxes :thumbsup: Love mine and wouldnt have anything else for work now :)

Amaranth
13-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I used to have a 52 plate Fiat Ulysse which was exactly the same as the peugeot 807 and the C8. I loved it :thumbsup: The kids used to call it 'the bus'! :laughing:
I had the 8 seater version and there was still enough room in the boot for my double pram. I Really liked the car and the only reason we had to sell it was because it was not powerful enough to tow our caravan. The best bit about the car for me was the sliding doors. A close second was the gap between the front seats, meaning that it it was raining, I could get the kids in the car, close all the doors and then go through and fasten them all in.
The car had a few recalls to Fiat but never anything major.

nannymcflea
13-06-2010, 08:46 PM
I have just got rid of my 04 Fiat Ulysse.:( :( :(

I loved my car, also called "the bus".

If you do decide to go for one of these, get the non auto doors as they are so slow otherwise and it's easier, especially in the rain, to shut them quickly.

Theres plenty of room for a buggy with all seats up, plus bags and stuff.

Not brilliant on MPG and £235 a year tax.:angry:

Easy to drive, comfortable, easy to park (though mine had parking sensors) and safe too, especially if you go for one with safety pack(airbags,curtain airbags etc)

I do miss it, it was a great car.

Mookins
13-06-2010, 08:50 PM
I want a ulysse....they are gorgeous.....am also looking at Sharans and Galaxy

x x x

vickieford85
13-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I have a renault Espace which has loads of space, 7 indenpendant seats, and the 2 fronts seats fully swivel so that you can face your children and have a picnic in the car.
It's great mine is a w reg and only cost us £650 woohoo.
However next car will be either a Mercedes Vito or Vw transporter.

sarah707
13-06-2010, 08:58 PM
We have a Toyota lucida.

It has 8 seats that move around, a very good sized boot, sliding door... the kids love it!

It's a bit heavy on diesel and because it's an older car things do go wrong but we are lucky to have found a fab guy who comes to fix it.

We have found excellent insurance through Morton Michel as well.

Hope you find the car for you! :D

welshcake
14-06-2010, 07:38 AM
I have a Honda FRV it is only a 6 seater and have had it for a year. I love it but I know as my own children get older and i start minding i will need to change tit to something bigger.

I have a mitsubishi grandis prior the honda and that was brill too, i am sorry now i got rid of it.:(

sophiemarie
14-06-2010, 07:57 AM
I have a Zafira and just love it but it does not have any boot space

snufflepuff
14-06-2010, 08:00 AM
Just had a quick peek at the ulysse....i didnt realise they were the same as the 807 and C8. They look lovely!

candy cat
14-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Smax ......LOVE IT!!

LOOPYLISA
14-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Smax ......LOVE IT!!

This will be our next car, im not cm but i love them :clapping:

Sharon-Marie
14-06-2010, 09:10 AM
We just picked up a Chrysler Voyager and it is a dream...there is a bench seat and also 2 single seats. The bench seat can be placed at front or back and all seats can be removed or moved forward to create a larger boot space. Ours is auto and it is a DREAM to drive! The children love it and I would highly recoomend it!

naartjies
14-06-2010, 10:45 AM
We had a chrysler grand voyager for 7 years and loved it. We now have a much newer touran VW. It costs £100 less a month to run but seats 6 and 7 fold into the boot - which is where I store the 3 large car seats when I don't need them, (My own kids don't need car seats any more). However it really is a pain to gets seats 6 and 7 up and then there is no boot. I told my OH that I want a voyager again and he had a fit:angry: The voyager is big to park and heavy on petrol but so so lovely to drive and use. We could also fit anything in the voyager if you took the seats out.

My saving grace is that we live in the same road as the primary school so don't use the car for all the mindees.:clapping:

snufflepuff
14-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I do love the voyagers but im worried it will just be too big for me- for parking etc, plus i have been warned that they really do guzzle fuel.

venus89
14-06-2010, 10:50 AM
We have spent all day looking for cars and i am stressed!
We have a renault scenic at the moment but need to get a 7 seater.
I would like it to have independent back seats, a decent sized boot and sliding doors. Id like to be able to remove the seats too.
At the moment we are thinking it will be a Citroen C8 or Peugoet 807 (basically the same car!) Does anyone have either of these? Would you recommend them? Or, more importantly, are there any bad points about them?!
I have never had a citroen but have had 3 peugeots with no major complaints.

I put down a deposit on my 807 at the weekend :clapping: (And I want it NOW :blush: ). It handled really well when we took itout for a test drive and is really roomy. plus, there's room in the back even with all seven seats in, which was something we wanted - it's not good having a 7 seater you can't fit a pushchair and a picnic into, pluss all the paraphanalia we seem to need to take with us. Loads of storage space - lots of packets here and there - and the back seats have their own vents the kids can control which is great for us as my two often feel a bit green on long car journeys. Sliding doors at th eback so they don't open them into the car next door. Plus the 2.2 diesel I'm getting (I want it NOW :D ) is very economical for an MPV. We looked at a few reveiews and they've all got it down as being the best in its class.

Did I tell you I want it NOW?!

charleyfarley
14-06-2010, 10:51 AM
I want a ulysse....they are gorgeous.....am also looking at Sharans and Galaxy

x x x

I have a Ulysse and love it (most of the time :laughing:) It's waiting to go back to the garage, yet again, not at my cost though so shouldn't grumble.

It seems so big compared to my old zafira and the sliding doors are a godsend :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Twinklestars
14-06-2010, 11:01 AM
i have a galaxy and love it, it doesn't have sliding doors but the back seats go flat and i can still get a double and single buggy in the boot with all the seats up