PDA

View Full Version : Buggy advice please

WibbleWobble
12-06-2010, 07:56 PM
i have two buggies....a loola which is on its last legs, the seat is too narrow... LO B is a chunky chap and it looks like he is in a coffin with his arms stuck to his side.

I also have a jane powertwin which i do like but its a bit of a bus really. I only have two under 3s at any time so i need a single for B and a double for A and N.

B is 15 months and as my mother would say "rugby player physique", A is a tiny 2.5 and N is her brother and a small 12 months

Now...

i am thinking of a phil and teds sport with the double attachment so i will have two types of buggy in one. We are a little short of space so one buggy fits all would be lovely.

i would probably be looking at selling the powertwin to offset the phil and teds. Its a bit tatty but fine.

i have sold the idea of the phil and ted to OH...even the price!

what do you think???

mandy xxxxxxx

juejue
12-06-2010, 08:15 PM
We have 2 phil n ted sport..... black n red one, should of got one years ago.

Its easy to push, fits through any door and the kids just love them. Plenty of room for a baby or a toddler.

Would not be without them now .

x

clio0602
12-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I love my phil and teds sport!!!! kids fight over who goes in the back tho lol so easy to push quite bulky when folded but wheels come off v easily to make it more compact.

Only problems I have found is the brake is v stiff to take off (only had mine few months so may loosen off with use) and it takes a few practices putting it up and folding down. My cousin who is also a cm loves mine and wants one herself.

HTH x

PixiePetal
12-06-2010, 08:34 PM
I have a P&T Classic.

Not really my cup of tea but it does the job and I can get it on my local village bus :thumbsup: Back (add on) seat does not lie back but they all seem to doze off if they are tired anyway.

Took me ages to decide on one and still prefer my Jane powertrack for a single :blush:

crazyhazy
12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
I've got a phil and teds sport, had it 2 years now and still love it. I bought it when pg with #2 who is now 21m. I'm loving that I'll get to use it even more now I'm childminding so won;t have to sell it as originally planned lol!

singlewiththree
13-06-2010, 06:50 AM
I love the P&T but with younger ones who may both need a nap its difficult as if you recline the front seat then the back child has no room and I have the classic so the back seat doesn't recline, I've been told that the back seats that do recline are no good when the child is a toddler as their head hits the bar. I still use it as it fits in the car. My Jane powertwin is on its last legs as I used to use it for walking to school so the baby could have a sleep without disturbing the older one but that is confined to the garden as a sleeping pram due to the front wheel giving up on me one day, its fixed but I'm too frightened it will happen again.

onceinabluemoon
13-06-2010, 09:41 AM
I love my P&T Sport. Other buggies come and go (I'm a bit of a buggyholic...) but that always stays. You can get extra bits to turn it into a travel system too so it really is an all in one buggy.

BUT it does have it's drawbacks. It's not the steadiest buggy to push up steep curbs when fully laden and stubborn (2 yrs and up) mindees may not leave the back wheels alone, giving a risk of finger entrapment (the guards are supposed to prevent this but two of my mindees can easily reach past the guards and play with the wheels and no amount of telling them not to does any good...

I dont think any twin is perfect though and it seems to be the best of the bunch IYSWIM

Best single IMHO is the Bugaboo Bee Plus but that costs a small fortune! However, I have had a 7 week old baby right through to a 6 year old in mine and it's comfy, easy to fold and a doddle to push with them both! (The 6 yr old was the only child here the day it came to she kindly tried it out for me bless her, lol!)

mamasheshe
13-06-2010, 01:52 PM
my big test of a buggy is can i push it with one hand ? P and t not for me but know loads of people love them. i have a nipper out and about and a kid sit buggy board and am very happy:)

blue bear
13-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Had loads of buggies, love my P & T sport, only down side I have two eight month olds and they both like to lie flat to sleep, not possible in p & T but they manage if we are out and about, can recline both seats but not flat. Can push it one handed, children prefer back seat as they can look up and 'chat' to me. Have never folded it as I dont need to.

Have a maclaren twin triumph, it's a side by side, lovely to push on the flat, fits through most doors, two indiviual seats that lie flat. I have injured my shoulder (too many years picking up children!!) and find it painful to push up hill hence I bought a P & T.

Have a koochi three wheeler single, nice and wide only cost £40 in Argos really loved it but compared to P & T it's like pushing a bus!!! (bought P & T later)

Maclaren XT has been hard wearing 7 years old now and still going strong, you can change handle height which is great if tall, nice wide seat but you need to push two handed which I find painful due to shoulder.

as you can tell I too am a buggy addict lol xx:blush:

gem
13-06-2010, 04:30 PM
can a two year old chunky chap go in back seat with baby in front or does heaviest child have to go in front?

Monkey26
13-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Single buggy: Maclaren techno XT - LOVE IT, had it nearly 3 years and its still going very strong! I have the car seat attachments too :)

Double buggy: Britax B-dual which is based on the P&T but both seats can lie flat - perfect for naps as all my children still nap during the day. Its a bit heavy but easy to push one handed, the top seat can be forward or rear facing and the kids seem to love it and will sleep for ages in it! :)

Triple buggy: Obaby side by side, i got it as i have a variation a couple of days a week so have 3 littlies plus a toddler. It is useless if i need to pop to the bank or post office, too wide! Good buggy otherwise though, all 3 seats recline independantly and good individual shopping baskets for all our bits and pieces which we take on walks/picnics :)

My partner thinks i have a (small) buggy obsession but i honestly do use all 3 of the buggies at some point each month, if not week or day!!!

xx

PS: i have buggy board attachments on all of the above buggies! :D

sweets
13-06-2010, 06:54 PM
single buggy - i have a petite star zia (only downside is the basket is too small)

double - jane powertwin. (absolutley brill)

Both buggies are great and i'm really happy with them.ive tried a few buggies in the past apart from p+t as i hate the look of them.

onceinabluemoon
13-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Double buggy: Britax B-dual which is based on the P&T but both seats can lie flat - perfect for naps as all my children still nap during the day. Its a bit heavy but easy to push one handed, the top seat can be forward or rear facing and the kids seem to love it and will sleep for ages in it! :)

Ooh so you have the B-Dual? I've never seen this in the flesh so to speak. Is it really brill?

Monkey26
13-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Well, i love it!

Yes it is heavy but i often have 3 toddlers in/on it (cuz i have attached my buggy board!) so what do u expect?!
Also people have reviewed it as being really tall when the top seat hood is up but i am 5ft 3 and have no problems :)

I changed from my side by side double to an inline model as one of my full time toddlers has this 'lovely' habit of kicking other children and random members of the public! I did loads and loads of research, borrowed friends P&T's and this was the best inline i found-i need something in which both seats could recline as i look after toddlers that still sleep during the day and also have a couple of under 1's on my books.

Down side is that it doesnt fit in my boot with all 7 seats up :( but for this reason i sold my double side by side to a friend so if i ever need it for a day trip with 6 kids i can get it back hahaha

Would i recommend it to others? Definately! :D xx

onceinabluemoon
13-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Well, i love it!

Yes it is heavy but i often have 3 toddlers in/on it (cuz i have attached my buggy board!) so what do u expect?!
Also people have reviewed it as being really tall when the top seat hood is up but i am 5ft 3 and have no problems :)

I changed from my side by side double to an inline model as one of my full time toddlers has this 'lovely' habit of kicking other children and random members of the public! I did loads and loads of research, borrowed friends P&T's and this was the best inline i found-i need something in which both seats could recline as i look after toddlers that still sleep during the day and also have a couple of under 1's on my books.

Down side is that it doesnt fit in my boot with all 7 seats up :( but for this reason i sold my double side by side to a friend so if i ever need it for a day trip with 6 kids i can get it back hahaha

Would i recommend it to others? Definately! :D xx

Sounds brill, we'll have to meet up one day when you're using it so I can have a peek and a try, lol! ;) x

Monkey26
13-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Next time your down in Exmouth or Exeter give me a message and that sounds like a plan :D xx

welshcake
14-06-2010, 07:40 AM
I have a phil & teds sport love it perfect for child minding. I have tried a few but this is the best by far.

I also have a mothercare pix and mix stroller but hate that so i am going to buy a maclaren xt just for the car and for taking one child out.

cabby
13-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Single buggy: Maclaren techno XT - LOVE IT, had it nearly 3 years and its still going very strong! I have the car seat attachments too :)

Triple buggy: Obaby side by side, i got it as i have a variation a couple of days a week so have 3 littlies plus a toddler. It is useless if i need to pop to the bank or post office, too wide! Good buggy otherwise though, all 3 seats recline independantly and good individual shopping baskets for all our bits and pieces which we take on walks/picnics :)

My partner thinks i have a (small) buggy obsession but i honestly do use all 3 of the buggies at some point each month, if not week or day!!!

xx

PS: i have buggy board attachments on all of the above buggies! :D

i really like the look of the b dual, are you still getting on ok with it, have you found any faults with it yet.x

Monkey26
25-07-2010, 09:53 AM
Only just rechecked this thread so sorry for delay in replying.

As mentioned before, the only fault i have with it is that when i have all 7 seats up in my renault scenic i cannot fit it in the boot as the wheels (detachable) and mudguards are too wide (not worked out how to get mudguards off yet and dont wanna try as they protect little fingers from playing with wheels!)

xx