PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration please

katickles
28-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Ok i go to a childminders toddlers group on a Friday. Next week its my turn to arrange/provide the craft activity. I need some ideas. I'm new to the group so want to do something that the kids will really enjoy. All the children are obviously under school age, some of which still tiny tots.

I will need to take the stuff with me so could do with it being something fairly lightweight & i'll have 2 lo's to get in there to. I am hoping to go get the supplies this weekend so its all done ready. Any ideas folks? I'd be very gratefull.

P.s so far we've done "Funny Faces", Easter Eggs, Cookie decorating....

Monkey1
28-03-2008, 03:19 PM
How about something on a paper plate? dltk have loads of great ideas or you could do the cbeebies weather chart on it!

angeldelight
28-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Good Idea Monkey

We made a Paper Plate Tambourine

Things You’ll Need:
2 thick paper plates
Magazines and/or old holiday cards
Paint and/or markers
Glue
Hole punch
2 36-inch pieces of narrow ribbon in different colors
At least 15 small jingle bells
Step 1:
Decorate the outside of both plates. Go crazy. You can paint them as you'd like, or make a collage. Draw something you love or recycle old holiday cards. Use your imagination and reuse things around the house.

Step 2:
Allow the paint and/or glue to dry and punch holes around the edges of both plates, spacing the holes every inch. Hold the plates together with the insides facing.

Step 3:
Align the plates so that the holes match and thread both ribbons through a set of holes. Tie a knot at the top of the tambourine. Remember to leave an inch or two of ribbon dangling underneath the tambourine.

Step 4:
Place a jingle bell onto the ribbons, string the ribbon through the next hole and tie another knot to attach the bell. Continue running the ribbons through the holes and adding bells until you reach the starting point, and secure the ends of the ribbons with a knot.

Really simple and the kids loved them

Cheap also to make

Angel xx

Monkey1
28-03-2008, 03:37 PM
what a great idea Angel....guess what i'm making next week!

katickles
28-03-2008, 03:59 PM
I've had a thought - maybe bookmarks?!? ...................

Was thinking that i could cut out loads of bookmarks in plain card. I can then take tubs of sequins, wool, beads, crayons & glue. They can then decorate them & take them home for mum & dad.

What do you think.

I love the tambourine idea Angel but don't think the littlies will be able to thread the ribbons. Thinking of it they are mainly littlies. Will remember the idea though! :)

sarah707
28-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Cut out some ice cream shapes from fairly strong card... take cotton wool balls, glue, sequins and shiney stuff...

Stick the cotton wool all over the shapes then decorate... :D

Chell
28-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Do they have Play dough already? Our little ones at toddler group enjoy that. You can make a huge batch for a few pence. You'd just need to find some cutters, rolling pins, etc.

You could buy/make some fairy cakes or biscuits and allow them to decorate them with icing, chocolate, little sweets, etc.

katickles
28-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Cut out some ice cream shapes from fairly strong card... take cotton wool balls, glue, sequins and shiney stuff...

Stick the cotton wool all over the shapes then decorate... :D

I Really like this idea - very different to anything i've been thinking about doing! :)

miffy
31-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Some lovely ideas

Thanks Angel and Sarah

miffy xx